Job title: MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT (MLA)
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT (MLA)
0.2 EFT (1 day per week, Fridays)
Term to March 31, 2024 (with possibility of extension)
$22.109 to $26.401 doq.
Reporting to the Director of Primary Care, the MLA is responsible for performing phlebotomy, laboratory tasks, general clinical support, and assistance to clinicians with medical procedures, according to established protocols.
Part-time, 15.5 hours bi-weekly (including holiday pay hours). Regular work days/hours will fall between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. At a .2 EFT, the regular work days would be Fridays.
- Provides clinical support services to the Primary Care team to maintain consistent procedures and high-quality service to clients.
- Medical inventory control including ordering and stocking of medical supplies.
- Maintenance and stocking of examination rooms.
- Cleaning and sterilizing all instruments used in medical procedures and ensuring the safe disposal of biomedical wastes and sharps
- Performs phlebotomy, processing, preparation, and transportation of specimens to testing facilities
- Performs routine tests and some specialized tests as ordered by medical professionals
- Maintains quality control of specimen samples
- Operates standard laboratory equipment and some specialized equipment
- Records and maintains information in Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Completion of a medical laboratory assistant diploma program. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in laboratory results administration, EMR and medical charting systems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated computer competency working with Microsoft applications
- Requires the ability to prioritize demands in an ever-changing, dynamic environment with attention to detail, effective organizational skills and data entry accuracy
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a client-centred, strength-based approach when working with the community and clients
- Experience using computers including Word, Excel. Experience with electronic medical records would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English, including reading and writing
- Experience working with people who use drugs and/or harm reduction programs, inclusive of lived experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the Medical Lab Technician role may forward their letter of application and résumé via email. Forward letter of application and résumé to:
Deadline for application: November 24th, 2023
Nine Circles encourages application from qualified First Nations and Métis persons, as well as qualified gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and two-spirit people. Nine Circles thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:57:39 GMT