Job title: Manager, Tax [Research and Development & Government Incentives]
Company: Grant Thornton
Job description: Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
The Research and Development and Government Incentives practice is a national team of engineers, scientists, and financial professionals that assist clients in identifying and securing Government funding for research & development, innovation, employment and international market expansion. Our clients focus on advancing technology development in Canada and cover agri-food, advanced manufacturing, biotechnology/pharma and software/IT disciplines.
As a Manager, Tax [Research and Development & Government Incentives] your responsibilities will include:
- Lead discussions with engineering and technology focused clients to gather information on proprietary, cutting-edge R&D within the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Sector
– e.g. AI, ML, NLP, Big Data, Software Development and Telecommunications
- Prepare and review Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax incentive claims
– Involving project costing, technical reports / documentation review and tax return inputs
- Write and prepare technical reports to reflect experimentation, analysis, and testing performed by our clients
- Stay updated on industry trends and align funding opportunities with our client’s business activities
- Coach and develop the performance of junior team members
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Manager, Tax [Research and Development & Government Incentives]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- You’ve achieved a University degree from a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- You have minimum 5 years’ previous experience in a SR&ED consulting environment
- You’re an experienced technical writer
- You have a keen interest and curiosity in the technology and science space
- You take pride in the outcome and quality of your work
While not required, you’ll stand out if:
- You have previous coaching/mentoring experience
- You are proficient with the use of TaxPrep and Excel (preference to use of macros)
- You’ve worked in a technology-focused industry
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What’s in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
At Grant Thornton, we’re committed to ensuring our compensation practices are fair, equitable and competitive. To get the conversation started, we’re happy to share that our current base salary for this role ranges from $95,000 – $115,000.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 08:54:10 GMT