Job title: Manager – Adult Protection Services
Company: Government of Yukon
Job description: This posting will be used to fill one (1) full-time permanent position working 75 hours bi-weekly.
We are looking for an experienced leader with strong management skills who can provide oversight, strategic direction, and change management within the Adult Protection Services unit.
What is Adult Protection Services?
The Adult Protection Unit is mandated through the Adult Protection and Decision-Making Act to make inquiries into reports of suspected physical, emotional, or financial abuse, neglect, or self-neglect of adults ages 19 and older, to determine findings, and to execute the next steps.
The Manager, Adult Protection Services:
The Manager, Adult Protection Services is responsible for overseeing and managing the effective delivery of Adult Protection services, per the Adult Protection and Decision-Making Act, and providing leadership and clinical supervision of staff. The manager ensures the efficient use of resources in the delivery of services by planning, developing, managing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the programs, services, activities, and resources of the unit. The manager works closely with colleagues across the branch and department as well as community service partners and First Nations.
The manager must have experience in the implementation of best practices in programs, services, and supports for vulnerable persons with complex care needs including those associated with health conditions, aging, disabilities, substance use, mental illness, and concurrent disorders. The manager provides expertise in trauma-informed, culturally appropriate, and harm reduction-based service delivery.
The manager demonstrates competencies which value respect, performance excellence, a learning organization, and the courage to innovate. They utilize expert interpersonal communication skills to improve the wellbeing of individuals and the broader community by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring a coordinated, effective, and efficient system of care, support, and service delivery.
What does the Government of Yukon provide to employees?
Opportunities, not only with helping serve our public but opportunities in growing a career as a Public Servant. Our flexible work and leave options allow you to balance your personal and professional needs. Our comprehensive rewards package, including our benefit plan, provides for the health and wellbeing of you and your family.
To learn more about employment options and different opportunities within the Government of Yukon, contact Sue Bryant (HR Consultant) at
Also follow us on to learn more about our organization.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications listed below. When you list your work experience, please include the month and year you started and ended a position. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Degree in Social Work or other similar professional fields with related skills
- Experience in the management of health and social services, including oversight of staff, financials, program operations, policy development, monitoring/evaluation, and change management.
- Experience in the delivery of adult protection services to vulnerable populations with complex needs
- Exemplary skills in communications and building collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
For more information on how to prepare your resume and cover letter, please visit
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and maybe assessed on:
- Considerable knowledge and experience delivering health and social services to vulnerable persons with complex care needs including those associated with health conditions, aging, disabilities, substance use, mental illness, and concurrent disorders.
- Knowledge and experience with best and promising practices in trauma-informed, culturally appropriate, and harm reduction-based service delivery
- Knowledge and experience with making inquiries and determining findings into reports of suspected physical, emotional, or financial abuse, neglect, or self-neglect of adults ages 19 and older.
- Knowledge of the Adult Protection and Decision-Making Act
- Proven ability to inspire and empower teams and to lead change while engaging staff
- Proven ability to provide supervision to staff and manage personnel and financial resources.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, collaborate across multiple stakeholders, and manage conflict.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their competence to the standard set by the Yukon Government Core Competency Framework .
Conditions of Employment:
- Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security clearance,
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence,
- WHMIS 2015,
- verification of post-secondary degrees/diploma/certificates.
To provide leadership, guidance and direction to the Adult Protection Services unit and support a team that provides services as mandated through the Adult Protection and Decision-Making Act to make inquiries into reports of suspected physical, emotional, or financial abuse, neglect or self-neglect of adults ages 19 and older, to determine findings, and to execute next steps. This position may be required to travel within Yukon. This position must be available for some emergency after-hours and/or on-call situations. Exposure to clients with high levels of complex needs, substance use, and trauma.
Learn more about us!
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways-from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, please select the following link:
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
Check us out:
17 November 2023
15 December 2023