Job title: Maintenance Repair Worker 1- 1 FT
Company: Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority
Job description: Main Duties
Reporting to the Asset Protection Manager, this position contributes to the maintenance of SIGA’s memorable facilities, by carrying out general maintenance and repair tasks to provide a safe and efficient environment for Casino guests and staff.
Responsibilities include: Performing scheduled and emergency maintenance requests on a wide variety of specialized equipment, as well as general structural maintenance and semi-skilled trade work, depending on ability/experience. Carrying out preventative maintenance according to established programs and schedules. Providing a wide variety of support services to other departments, depending on operational needs. Providing expertise and assistance regarding Casino facilities and equipment, to internal and external parties. Carrying out regular exterior maintenance, weather permitting. Providing customer service in the course of carrying out duties. Handling other tasks as required, to provide a clean and safe Casino environment for staff and guests.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidates are subject to a background check as well are required to obtain and maintain a gaming employee Certificate of Registration from the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA)/Indigenous Gaming Regulators (IGR).
- The minimum age to work in a casino or any area where gaming can be seen is 19 years of age.
- Must possess valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Some SIGA locations operate in a high sensory environment. You may be required to work in an environment where you will be exposed to tobacco smoke, high noise levels, flashing and blinking lights, and a congested workplace. SIGA adheres to all occupational health and safety regulations and makes every effort to limit the adverse effects of these elements.
- As our organization values employee and patron safety, SIGA has instituted a Drug & Alcohol policy for its employees.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements as may be applicable to your position including but not limited to both SLGA requirements and the Anti-Money Laundering requirements set out in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and regulations and policies made thereunder by Canada and FINTRAC.
- Certification from a recognized education/training institution in one or more of the following areas; carpentry, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, building/plant maintenance, etc.
- A combination of relevant education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Previous experience in a trade including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Providing customer service and working with many diverse situations and personalities.
- Previous maintenance experience would be preferred.
- Experience with set-up of outdoor events and equipment is an asset.
Core Organizational Competencies
Adapting to Change
Working with Others
Once employed with SIGA there are many opportunities for learning, growth and advancement throughout the company. We take great pride in being a preferred employer and aspire to attract the very best and very brightest to become part of our family. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Location: Swift Current, SK
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 06:43:40 GMT