Job title: Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright
Company: Nova Scotia Power
Job description: Logistics
Job Title: Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright
Company, Department: Nova Scotia Power – Power Production – Hydro & Wind
Location: Milton, NS – Western Hydro System – On-site
Salary: $44.76 per hour, as per the NSPI/IBEW Collective Agreement
Type of Employment: Regular, Full Time
Closing Date: February 8, 2024
Reference Number: 2023-2433
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright to join our Hydro & Wind team in a permanent position. Reporting to the Operations Superintendent – Western Hydro Operations, you will be responsible for performing all aspects of routine mechanical maintenance and repair work on equipment and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Hydro System.
Key elements of this role include:
As a Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright:
- You must be able to work effectively as a member of the Maintenance Team and be capable of functioning in a planned work environment. The shift designation will be based on, but not limited to, the daily and seasonal requirements of the Hydro System and will be designed to maximize reliability and respond to trouble maintenance situations.
- While on shift you will be required to participate in regulatory training and be willing to participate in on-the-job training or training programs that support the development of additional skills.
- You may be temporarily assigned to other locations to assist other areas when required and will be expected to travel throughout the province.
- You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
- You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position. As such, the successful candidate must comply with the Emera Alcohol and Drug Policy which requires a confidential pre-employment alcohol and drug test in accordance with the Emera Alcohol and Drug Procedure.
Your primary residence must be located within 30 minutes of the Western Hydro Operations (16 River Road, Milton, NS), and you will be required to take on call rotation and work other than normal hours and/or in extreme conditions. You will have 90 days to provide proof of primary residence.
These skills will make you successful:
To thrive in this role, you recognize yourself in most of the following competencies and skills listed below:
- Certification as a Journeyperson Millwright with a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in modern mechanical maintenance in a generating station, process industry or equivalent industry is required.
- You have proven problem resolution skills and the flexibility and ability to adapt to rescheduled assignments.
- You must be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, a strong computer aptitude and the ability to deal with multiple tasks and demands.
- You must have the skills and physical capabilities to perform all duties, including working at considerable heights.
- You must be willing to enroll in an apprenticeship program if required.
We understand that experience comes in many forms, and we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. So, if your experience is close to what we’ve listed above, please consider applying.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs. from floor to overhead and all distances in between, carry one and two handed 40 lbs.
- Perform whole and upper body push and pull with weights up to 100 lbs. Perform static reaching between waist and overhead on an occasional basis.
- Perform bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting standing, walking, and climbing (stairs, ladders) on an occasional basis.
- Crawl on a minimal basis.
- Perform static neck flexion and rotation on frequent basis.
Learn more about our culture and values
At the Emera Group of Companies, you’ll be part of an inclusive, respectful workplace where everyone is welcomed and supported. Come build a career as unique as you are: making an impact from Atlantic Canada to the world. Your experience and perspective will help us to safely deliver cleaner, more reliable energy to our customers. If working in an innovative environment, challenging yourself, and shaping a cleaner energy future inspires you, we want to hear from you. Apply by and let us know why this role is right for you.
The perks of joining our team? We offer:
- Health & Wellbeing: A comprehensive benefits plan, 24/7 access to virtual health care services for you and your family through Dialogue, Employee and Family Assistance Program, parental leave top-up plan and wellness benefits.
- Grow Your Career: Opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, a focus on employee development and available sponsored education programs.
- Community Engagement & Care: Corporate investments in the places where our people live and work, mentoring opportunities, fundraising-matching & volunteer programs, and scholarships for children of employees.
- Competitive Compensation: A comprehensive benefits plan and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emera
As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publicly traded companies, we are ranked one of , and . We know our success is driven by our dedicated teams and we strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the online application process. We support candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs and encourage you to let us know when you require accommodation.
Recruitment & Promotion Policy
The success of the Emera Company is driven by its people: a strong team with a shared commitment to support the . The purpose of our recruitment policy is to provide a consistent framework to support fair and equitable attraction, hiring, and retention of the best talent for vacant positions. We are dedicated to maintaining a fair hiring process that provides equitable opportunities to all our applicants and is guided by our company values.
Location: Nova Scotia
Job date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 03:51:25 GMT