Job title: Maintenance Coordinator
Job description: In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Maintenance Coordinator to join our team! In this role you will get to support the maintenance team with the coordination of purchasing and warehouse inventory.
The FMRP Maintenance Coordinator supports the Parsons Faro site maintenance staff, providing administrative assistance to the Maintenance Superintendents and Planner. Tasks include managing work requests/orders, communicating with departments regarding maintenance work needed, handling purchasing of supplies and materials, and working with outside vendors.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent and working closely with the Maintenance Planner regarding work priorities and to ensure that work packages accurately reflect the work to be executed in the field.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Carry out procurement activities for maintenance and liaise with the Superintendents, Planner and Mechanics to ensure the correct items are be ordered and that the priorities are clear to all
- Coordinate with Warehouse and Purchasing Departments to ensure parts availability and to ensure parts are delivered prior to work execution
- Based on OEM recommendations and historical performance, identify and maintain a critical spares inventory
- Participate in the set up and assist with the management of the FMRP maintenance management system (CMMS) for all surface plant and equipment including heavy mobile equipment
- Develop task and material lists, building activities and review stock level requirements
- Update maintenance planning documents (i.e. work packages, check lists, asset register, materials lists, etc.)
- Control expenditures to comply with departmental budget
- Draw up Bills of Parts & Materials (BoM) for work orders
- Expedite spare parts to execute work orders on time and within budget
- Carry out any other tasks requested by the Supervisor
- Actively support Safety and Health Management and Environmental systems and regulatory compliance.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Previous mechanical maintenance experience (red seal) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant maintenance workshop experience
- Experience with surface or heavy construction equipment
- Experience with industrial or water treatment maintenance
- Experienced in PC based software programs, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and CMMS/ERP software (Oracle/JDE or equivalent)
- Lead in commitment, accountability, respect, enabling, and safety including: character, teamwork, communication, business sense and vision
- Solid understanding and applying of Yukon OHS regulations and compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the tracking of operating costs
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Not Applicable/None
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Location: Faro, YT
Job date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 04:18:43 GMT