Job title: LTCF Coordinator
Job description: If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living.
We are searching for a LTCF Coordinator to join our Harbourstone Enhanced Care team based in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
- Pension plan
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- NSNU seniority [as applicable for NS LPN/RN positions]
- Paid breaks
- Access to thousands of vendors offering perks and discounts through our WorkPerks program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Attends training and other educational activities as required by the RAI-LTCF Project Team (Project Team);
- Work with Project Team in system data conversion activities;
- Completes RAI-LTCF assessments for all clients assigned according to schedule;
- Submit RAI-LTCF assessments to CIHI on a timely basis;
- Responsible for certifying accuracy and completeness of all sections of the RAI-LTCF;
- Provide RAI-LTCF education and computer application training to all applicable users;
- Provide ongoing leadership and mentoring for education, data accuracy, and computer applications of the RAI-LTCF process;
- Coordinate care plan meetings with clients, designated family along with interdisciplinary team members;
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of the clients on the risk management program e.g. allergies, exit seeking clients, choking, falls, responsive behaviors etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Active registration with NANB;
- Previous experience in a nursing home is an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and aptitude to teach others;
- Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving and attention to detail skills;
- Aptitude to learn nursing informatics software;
- Base knowledge of electronic resident assessment tools, Microsoft Office and more specifically Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to successfully complete the RAI-LTCF training;
- Ability to attend at the nursing home on a regular basis.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For 35 years, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, and a home care division of team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Cape Breton, NS – Sydney, NS
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 06:37:09 GMT