Job title: LPN- Licensed Practical Nurse – Full Time
Company: Optima Living
Job description: Let us welcome you home to Riverside Manor in Hope, BC
Optima Living operates Independent Living, Assisted Living, Supportive Living and Memory Care communities in Alberta and British Columbia. Our communities are among the best places to live in Western Canada.
Our Vision: For every person to feel at home.
This is truly supported by our credo. “Let us welcome you home.” All of us here feel it is an honor to work with our residents and we advocate a resident-centered approach where the Resident, is the focus of all our endeavors.
As the Licensed Practical Nurse, you will be responsible for providing professional nursing care to residents, including medication administration as well as mentoring and coaching unregulated staff.
**Please note this location qualifies for the student loan forgiveness program**
- Ability to develop care plans under the direction of the Director of Care or designate for the physical, psychological and social care of the residents.
- Ability to direct and assist care aides in the use of appropriate procedures ensuring the provision of a high standard of resident care.
- Administer, monitor and record medication administration, educate resident as needed
- Assists in creating and managing nursing care plans and participate in the evaluation of the current and future medical needs.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care treatments and informs the Director of Care or designate and/or the resident’s physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident
- Provide personal care assistance, nursing procedures, and mentorship and coaching of Health Care Aides
- Working with residents to meet care requirements and communicate any concerns to the doctor and manager as needed
- Demonstrate ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgment, and evidence-based practice in caring for aging adult is vital in this role
- Ensure accordance with provincial continuing care health service standards, legislation, codes, regulations, and employment and safety statutes
- Demonstrate awareness of accident and injury prevention, through safe work practices and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Nursing diploma
- Registered with provincial nursing regulatory body and in good standing
- Experience in a residential care setting is preferred
- Demonstrate infection control procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with peers, residents, visitors and operational partners
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle multi-resident requests
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, squat, kneel and lift 25 pounds
- Display compassion, education, proficiency, and experience while assisting residents
Conditions of Employment
- Completion of CPR and First Aid
- Clear Police Information Check
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- COVID-19 vaccination. This requirement will be waived if you did not receive the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds