Job title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN-CS16-204)
Company: Bethany Care Society
Job description: About Bethany
Bethany Care Society (Bethany) is one of Western Canada’s largest faith-based, not-for-profit providers of care, housing, and community services for seniors and adults with disabilities. For 77 years, Bethany has provided high-quality, person-centered care focused on the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of our residents and tenants. We create caring communities to help Albertans age well.
Bethany has consecutively won Alberta Top Employer for 15 years for the programs we invest in for our employees. We offer top-ups for maternal leaves, generous vacation and leave time, competitive salaries, benefits, and retirement savings programs. We are committed to employee well-being and giving back to our community. We invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
For more information, check out this video about
If you are an internal applicant, please use your Bethany email to submit your application.
About the Role
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing outstanding care and support to residents, resident’s families and volunteers within their designated scope of practice and in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Licensed Practical Nurse provides service that is responsive to the holistic needs of the residents and promotes choice while maintaining dignity and facilitating resident independence.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under six main areas of focus: * Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures. Conducts a complete and thorough nursing assessment of the resident to establish and prioritize nursing care and determine appropriate collaboration with Registered Nurse and other Interdisciplinary Team members.
- Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents resident care assessments, interventions and outcomes in alignment with Bethany policies and procedures. Documents timely, accurate reports of data collection, interpretation, planning, implementing and evaluating care in accordance with Bethany Care Society policy, and regulatory requirements
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Identifies and mitigates unsafe conditions in the work environment, including immediate reporting of any unsafe conditions.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Attends and actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings and care conferences, and shares knowledge of the resident and advocates for resident choice. Attends and actively participates in education opportunities, including health & safety training.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care. Promotes constructive caring relationships with the Interdisciplinary Team, by fostering an understanding of the unique contributions of all team members, as well as with the residents, families and visitors.
- Leadership: Enables a high performance culture through leading, developing and coaching employees. Provides direction and supervision to Health Care Aides and assumes the ‘In Charge’ role when necessary.
What You Bring
- Graduate of recognized Licensed Practical Nursing program
- Previous License Practical Nurse experience is preferred
- Active Registration and in good standing with CLPNA
- Able to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication and critical thinking skills
- Current CPR certification
- Dementia Care Certificate and experience preferred
- Knowledge of RAI/MDS 2.0 tool, computer skills and electronic documentation is preferred
- Posting Number: 22-7629
- Position Number: LPN-CS16-204
- Location: Bethany CollegeSide
- FTE: 0.60
- Union: AUPE
- Unit: A1
- Position Type: Part Time
- Shift: Days (07:00-15:150) & Evenings (15:00-23:15)
- Hours of Work/Shift Per Cycle: 8 x 7.75hr days & 4 x 7.75hr evening shifts in a 4 week rotation
- Posting End Date: November 25, 2023
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online at: Please note this competition may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check and provide proof of all mandatory immunizations.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Location: Red Deer, AB
Job date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 23:27:30 GMT