Job title: Lead Data Steward – USTS & Protect Platform
Company: TD Bank
Job description: Company Overview
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars – physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Information Security covers the development and management of security strategies, policies and programs to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls. Priorities include: mitigating and managing cyber security threats, ensuring systems availability, aligning with global regulatory risk and compliance requirements, managing systems and network complexity, and partnering with businesses for better technology delivery by providing advice on technology controls.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University Degree.
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the business and technology standards.
- Thought leadership with deep expertise and knowledge of the business and technology standards.
- Experience leading, overseeing/managing a team or group(s) of moderate to large or in size, scope, risk and complexity.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organizational skills, including the ability to present options in business terms to both IT and business staff including executives.
About This Role We are looking for someone to lead a team of Technology Controls / Information Security experts as they develop and manage strategies, programs, tools, frameworks and policies as well as provide specialized oversight, control and governance activities for a key business segment or transformational strategic initiative. Both your influence and exposure to executives and various groups enterprise-wide will allow you to expand your efforts to minimize overall technology risks to TD.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Consult with partners on Technology Controls and Information Security programs, policies, standards and incidents.
- Assign and oversee resources on risk assessments, required controls definition, control procedure appropriateness, vulnerability assessments etc.
- Conduct comprehensive risk and control design assessments for an application portfolio, articulate and document impact of control gaps to the business and the overall Bank, risk mitigation and remediation plans, remediation strategy document or provide info security solutions to address risks.
- Make sure technology, processes and governance are in place to monitor, detect, prevent, and react to security threats against TDBG’s business.
- Contribute to the definition, development, and oversight of a global network and endpoint security threat management strategy and framework.
- Ensure team follows internal policies and procedures, technology control standards and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Adhere to and advise on, oversee, monitor, enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to technology controls / information security activities.
- Grow team expertise so it aligns with company demand and TD’s direction; assess team skills and capabilities and find ways to improve value delivered.
- Responsible for management of the overall team(s) providing both leadership and guidance.
- Set targets and objectives for the team.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management and overall team leadership for team members, regularly contribute to performance and development plans.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
Job Category – Primary
We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Careers Web Site Cities