Job title: Lab Technician, Materials Engineering
Job description: Job Description
Lab Technician, Materials Engineering
Are you looking for a company that works on major engineering projects all over the world? Do you want to make a difference by improving the daily lives of communities worldwide? Are you seeking to join an inclusive and diverse team that you can truly count on? You’ve come to the right place!
We are currently seeking a Materials Engineering Technician for Part time Casual employment to join our diverse and experienced materials engineering team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The ideal candidates are individuals that has taken classes regarding soils, aggregate and concrete and completed hands-on surveying experience. Each student will begin by training in Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCIL) Field and Laboratory Concrete certification, CCIL Aggregate certification as well as being certified in Safe Use of a Nuclear Densometer.
Our projects are primarily based in Saskatchewan, however other opportunities across Canada may arise from time to time. This role may require a significant amount of field work, including extended shifts and overtime. (Example shifts: 5 days on, 2 days off; 10 days on, 4 days off; or 2 weeks on, 1 week off) The projects include out-of-town work during the peak of construction season from May to the beginning of December.
Location: Saskatoon, SK.
Your role within the team:
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), CSA (Canadian Standards Association) and Ministry of Highways standards on various materials such as soil, aggregate, concrete, etc.
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer.
- Topographic and construction surveying with RTK GPS survey equipment.
- Travel to various worksites across Saskatchewan (and out-of-province) as required.
- Work in our Saskatoon central laboratory as required, which may include duties such as materials testing, sample preparation, and cleaning/maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Participation in our health and safety programs.
- Assistance with maintenance and upkeep of our laboratory and field equipment and mobile field laboratories.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on an innovative and award-winning project.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Be able to provide a criminal record check for some mining client’s on-site access.
- A good understanding of MS Office software.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Saskatchewan, with the potential for out-of-province work.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out labourous task which include lifting and carrying equipment and materials weighing up to 30kg.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy. AtkinsRéalis and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of AtkinsRéalis (referred to throughout as “AtkinsRéalis”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Successful applicants will be notified about AtkinsRéalis’ accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Worker Type Employee
Job Type Casual
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 23:55:15 GMT