Job title: IT Network and Systems Administrator
Company: NewFound Recruiting
Job description: Looking for your next opportunity?! Our Client is currently looking for an IT Network and Systems Administrator to join their team in Ottawa! If you are looking for a new challenge, professional growth and fulfil the following qualifications, this is a role for you!
- Monitoring and analyzing firewall traffic and all corporate network traffic.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of enterprise-wide network and systems hardware, operating systems of Linux and Windows servers and VMware ESXi hosts.
- Research, implement and manage Microsoft 365 and Azure technologies.
- Provide 3rd level Linux, Windows and VMware server backend infrastructure support to all environments.
- Evaluation and recommendation of new technical products, services and skills.
- Assess enterprise network and server security risks and contingency planning.
- Monitor network and server infrastructure to ensure availability and perform necessary maintenance to maintain 24×7 availability.
- Monitor network and server hardware inventory ensuring life cycle refreshes.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and support for any required issues or vulnerabilities.
- Understands IT industry trends, business trends, IT best practices, ISO27001 standards and resources to ensure continuous optimization of IT service delivery.
- Lead and or support outage investigations and response activities.
- Leads and participates in project information gathering, requirements and analysis.
- Rotation in “On-Call” after hours and emergency support.
- Involvement and/or lead technical projects as assigned by the IT Network and Systems Manager.
- Respond and resolve IT requests, incidents and problems reported by end users.
- Provide updates, status, and completion information for the assigned work orders through the IT ticketing application.
- Collaborate with the rest of the IT team in resolving reported incidents and problems; Refer or escalate unresolved complex IT issues.
- Ensure processes are documented and reviewed on a yearly basis.
- WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi technologies
- Network administration (Aruba and HPE switches)
- Network Wi-Fi administration (Aruba Wireless environments)
- Firewalls and Log Analyzers – Fortinet
- Network Security and best practices
- External DNS (Cloudflare and Linux BIND)
- Internal/External vulnerability scanning tools – Qualys
- External Patch Management / deployment applications
- Graylog Administration (Log analysis)
- VMware virtual server environment
- Monitoring Tools – Zabbix, Grafana, etc.
- Active Directory administration
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- MS Exchange 2010/2013/2016/MS365
- Backup Technology – CommVault / Veeam
- Strong documentation skills
- 3+ years’ experience Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online and on-prem, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint). Both in deployment and administration
- 3+ years’ experience with Azure in new deployments and administration
- Working knowledge of remote vulnerability scans and patching – Syxsense
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux scripting / batch language / logging / auditing / monitoring
- Working knowledge of server hardening
- SECRET Level II security clearance or eligibility to obtain it
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies and protocols
- Working knowledge of remote collaboration tools – MS Teams
- MySQL / PostgreSQL server experience
- Working under the ISO27001 standard
NewFound Recruiting is a Canadian professional services company, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario and is one of Canada’s leaders in Professional Staffing and Recruiting. Currently, NewFound Recruiting is servicing clients across Canada, having established relationships in Ontario (Toronto and Ottawa), Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec, and Newfoundland. By applying innovative techniques, we match the right candidate with the right position. Our 20 years of industry experience gives you the assurance that we will provide the right answers to your difficult questions.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 00:10:31 GMT