Job title: Intl Customer Solution Coordinator (18 Month Contract)
Company: McCain Foods
Position Title: Intl Customer Solution Coordinator (18 Month Contract)
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Main
Requisition ID: 27185
Position Summary: This position will focus on the Export of McCain products internationally from the point of receiving a customer order to the preparation of documentation required for importing the products at destination. They will communicate effectively with internal departments and external companies to execute requirements for a customer order to reach destination when and as requested. This job ensures customer satisfaction on all levels, with a focus on accuracy and timeliness. They will have a detailed knowledge of their territories, knowledge of customs and regulations that apply in different countries, special documentation requirements.
The ICSC supports their assigned Int’l Customer Solutions Specialist (ICSS) by coordinating, executing and dispatching the documentation. They will be trained to support the ICSS in all aspects of the order process for day-to-day order processing, tracking, customer enquiries, export documentation, logistics issues resolution and support of the credit and deductions process. They are responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of their documents.
The ICSC are responsible for looking for ways to improve the processes used by the International Customer Solutions team with regards to documentation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Management of export & import documentation and assist Int’l Customer Solutions Specialist (ICSS) throughout the order to delivery cycle (Time Alllocation: 80%)
- Exhibit integrity and professionalism in working with their customers, co-workers, and other departments. The growth and development opportunity for this individual is great, as the responsibilities are very broad.
- Overall responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy and appropriate escalation of issues with the export & import documentation.
- Preparing international shipping documents such as bills of lading, packing lists, insurance certificates, health documents and invoices
- Ensure that export and import documentation is managed correctly, including filing forms with federal agencies, safety food agencies etc.
- Keeping track of documents to ensure that they arrive on time at their destination
- Coordinating with other departments within the company to ensure that import/export documentation is completed properly.
- Support the ICSS to process orders and coordinating logistics, predominantly in the ICSS’s absence.
- Ability to manage a high volume of emails on a diverse set of topics
- Support the ICSS in all aspects of customer profile, can including Master Data criteria and current customer conditions.
- Respond to customer enquiries timely. Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers to improve the overall experience with McCain
- Constant communication with regional sales leads to inform of, and ensure compliance to McCain policies and procedures in the areas of export & import documentation
- Order tracking – utilize carrier/freight forwarder websites, and/or SAP and Power BI for order tracing and tracking purposes to provide customers current information about the current status of their order
- Support assigned Specialist in all aspects of Supply Chain activities that are involved in the Order to Delivery process, including inventory allocation, logistics planning and warehouse/loading instructions
- Facilitate/liaison with customer and other McCain departments to address order claims related to over/short/damage, goodwill and credit hold/new customer account situations
- Provide reporting and required backup for monthly and year end audit processes (internal and external)
2. Drive process improvements (Time Allocation 20%)
- Always looking for ways to improve the processes used by the International Customer Support team as it relates to documentation.
- Participate in cross functional teams to resolve customer issues or supply chain inefficiencies
- Analyze trend and exception reports to make recommendations and implement changes to close gaps identified
- Coordinate and monitor progress against special projects
3. Exceptions only- Perform various activities related to the North American Special Situation Management protocol (i.e. Product withdrawal or recall activities)
- This can include, but not limited to, the following: distributing communications, contacting customers, answering questions, conducting effectiveness checks, managing/reconciling inventory and updating records
- Coordinate requests, follow up and reporting related to “Certificate of destruction” for product in customer possession
- Must have:
o Bachelor’s Degree and/or Equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
Related Work Experience (Internal to the organization or external):
- Must have:
o 2-3 years’ experience in a service-oriented role specifically logistics, exporting, and/or importing
o Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
o Proven analytical and problem-solving skills are required, as well as excellent attention to accuracy and detail
Nice to have: o Experience with SAP Order To Cash systems
o Experience with Microsoft Power BI
o French/Spanish language skills would be considered an asset
Working Relationships and Key Contacts:
Internal: * Supply Chain (including but not limited to Transportation, Warehousing, Customs & Compliance, Demand and Supply Planning) : Including but not limited to: communicating customer requirements; mitigating shortages; expediting orders; providing documentation and answering internal questions specific to export & import documentation; analysis of account activities as required.
- Finance (including but not limited to Credit, Pricing and Trade Claims and Deductions) : Including but not limited to: communicating customer requirements; troubleshooting pricing errors; assisting in research of claims; analysis of account activities as required.
- Management (all levels) : Including but not limited to: communicating customer requirements and account activities; troubleshooting; analysis.
External * Customer contacts (may include corporate executives) – Including but not limited to: communicating service related concerns, troubleshooting; analysis of account activities; product, policies and procedural knowledge.
- 3rd Party Affiliates (including but not limited to warehouses and carriers) – Including but not limited to: communicating service related concerns, troubleshooting; analysis of account activities; product, policies and procedural knowledge.
- 3rd Party Agencies – Including but not limited to inspection agencies and custom brokers.
Critical CORE Competencies:
- Highly Self-motivated, independent thinker, project a professional image and interact effectively with all levels and functions within the organization
- Strong technical and system skills including but not limited to MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Problem-solving: As International Customer Solutions Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring that products are shipped on time and in good condition. This may require you to identify and solve any issues that arise during the shipping process.
- Collaboration: Regarded as a constructive team player with a strong sense of partnership behavior
- Proven ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities
- In-depth experience with SAP and appropriate experience with vendor web portals.
- Working knowledge of inventory management and transportation
- Ability to provide superior customer service
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy while being detail-oriented
- Exhibits a sense of urgency
- Organization: You may need to prioritize which tasks to complete first and how to manage your time to complete all of your work. Organization skills can also help you keep track of important documents and information.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment
- An eye for efficiency opportunities and ability to execute ideas
- Ability to support decisions in a stressful environment, remaining aware of customer (internal and external) needs
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills; strong team player
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills for comprehension
- Analytical – capable of understanding and explaining work processes, making recommendations for effective improvements to those processes. Able to investigate issues and conduct root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to use initiative in identifying, addressing, and resolving day-to-day issues and challenges
- Positive attitude
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Global Supply Chain Management team
- Extended business hours, including holidays, and/or remote activity may be required as business needs dictate.
- Minimal travel may be required
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of COVID-19 pandemic. With vaccination restrictions easing across the globe we do not currently require employees to be vaccinated, but we reserve the right to change this mandate in line with health guidance and regulations in each country.
Your privacy is important to us. By submitting personal data or information to us, you agree this will be handled in accordance with the
Job Family: Supply Chain & Logistics
Division: Global Supply Chain
Department: Customer Solutions Intl
Location(s): CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)
Location: Florenceville-Bristol, NB
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 00:35:44 GMT