Job title: Intern – Food Basics Merchandising
Job description: Position Title: Intern – Food Basics Merchandising
Requisition ID: 36909
Career Group (ADSP): Administrative
Division: Discount Merchandising (80201542)
Work Location: METRO ON – 5559 DUNDAS STREET W (#A-DUND)
Province: Canada : Ontario
Position Type: Temporary
Role involves research and analysis looking for opportunities to improve sales and optimize profitability while leveraging loyalty, pos, category, customer and market insights.
– Working with the category manager and team on special reporting and projects which will be required on an “as needed” basis. This will require extracting and analyzing data in order to formulate into meaningful recommendations and conversations.
– Analytic work involves working with Dunnhumby loyalty platform, ACNielsen and BW POS sales data. Research and analysis will involve review of performance for planograms, listings, market sku gaps.
– Provide general routine and non-routine support for projects and tasks, working closely with the Assistant Category Managers and Admins, leveraging their system knowledge and department processes.
– Prepare in-depth ROI reviews of pricing, promotions and distributions sell throughs to maximize future sales and profit
– Collaborate positively with manager and peers in a team structured approach, learning to work in an office environment both independently and as a team.
– Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
– Student working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma in business, finance, accounting preferred.
– Demonstrated technical experience preferred – proven ability to work with databases / analytical platforms and/or strong ability to learn quickly.
– Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel and Office. Advanced would be an asset.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent time management skills.
– Independent thinker interested in taking initiative.
– Proven ability to multitask and follow up on actions/ issues
This is a temporary intern position from May 2024 until August 30th 2024
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.
METRO INC. is a food and pharmacy leader in Québec and Ontario. As a retailer, franchisor, distributor, and manufacturer, the Corporation operates or services a network of 953 food stores under several banners including Metro, Metro Plus, Super C, Food Basics, Adonis and Première Moisson, as well as 648 drugstores primarily under the Jean Coutu, Brunet, Metro Pharmacy and Food Basics Pharmacy banners, providing employment directly or indirectly to almost 90,000 people.
Our five customer promises are simply that… promises to provide our customers with the best shopping experience possible. Under each promise are actions that support it.
Our five customer promises:
- Great quality fresh products
- The people are great
- It’s easy to shop
- Customers get what they want
- Prices are good