Job title: Instrumentation and Controls Project Manager ( CAN/ US)
Company: McCain Foods
Position Title: Instrumentation and Controls Project Manager ( CAN/ US)
Position Type: Regular – Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Main
Requisition ID: 27662
Design, develop, and manage instrumentation and control systems, including high and low voltage electrical systems, for existing and new processes within Food Manufacturing facilities using state-of-the-art technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- An expert in Plant PLC Controls Systems and Programming the applicant will support both engineering and plant maintenance in the development and troubleshooting of Process Controls and electrical infrastructure in new and existing food manufacturing facilities.
- Manage capital projects to meet deadlines and budgets utilizing solid project management principles. Identify and effectively utilize project resources.
- Develop and review process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and the ability to relate process P&ID to design and implementation of controls structure.
- Oversee the design and review of equipment and systems using established standards.
- Specification and sizing of control devices and instruments.
- Review new technology for applicability and benefits to current manufacturing and controls methods.
- Development of performance specifications for equipment vendors, equipment selection and bid tabulations.
- Functioning as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards in the food industry.
- Assist in planning of electrical and controls portion of capital projects in terms of scope development, cost development and management, and scheduling. Includes directing activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
- Work with finance, production, and safety to develop justifications for capital projects and prepare the Requests for Capital Expenditures in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Preparation of electrical installation tender documents.
- Perform supplier site visits to ensure compatibility of equipment designs with current plant configurations.
- Produce site visit reports, contractor job meeting minutes, project material listings, purchase orders, installation schedules and any other installations of systems.
- Manage release of design input to suppliers (integrators, contractors, hardware suppliers, etc.).
- Manage the resolution of technical issues identified by suppliers.
- Manage technical documents provided by suppliers.
- Acquire and negotiate electrical contractor bids.
- Assist in design of instrumentation systems for plant expansions, including the development of field and control room instrumentation specifications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent related experience. Additionally the incumbent must have five or more years of experience directly related to food plant processing controls.
- Experience with Allen Bradley RSLogix, ControlLogix, Allen Bradley FactoryTalk View SE.
- Experienced in the development of plant system documents (i.e. logic diagrams, elementary wiring diagrams, I/O lists, etc.).
- Familiar with industrial control networks.
- Familiar with plant electrical power distribution systems, both single and 3 phase.
- Industrial motor control experience, VFDs, soft starters, FVNR, FVR, etc.
- Experience in AutoCAD.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of COVID-19 pandemic. With vaccination restrictions easing across the globe we do not currently require employees to be vaccinated, but we reserve the right to change this mandate in line with health guidance and regulations in each country.
Your privacy is important to us. By submitting personal data or information to us, you agree this will be handled in accordance with the
Job Family: Engineering & Technical
Division: NA Operations
Department: Engineering NA East
Location(s): CA – Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || US – United States of America : Illinois : Oakbrook Terrace
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)
Location: Florenceville-Bristol, NB
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 05:36:09 GMT