Job title: Hospitality Associate – Portering
Company: Trillium Health Partners
Job description: Job Description
CUPE JOB POSTING
Position: Hospitality Associate-Portering X 1
Department: Patient Support Services
Posting ID: 2024-36407
Role Level: CUPEC01 $23.599 – $27.246 per hour
Status: Temporary Full-Time (up to 12 months)
Site: Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shift: Monday-Friday (8.00 AM – 4.00 PM), including weekends
Date Posted: February 6, 2024
Internal Deadline: February 13, 2024
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital, the Queensway Health Centre, and the Reactivation Center at Humber. Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
- Transports patients via bed, stretcher or wheelchair to and from various locations (i.e. patient unit to x-ray)
- Assists patients in and out of bed, stretcher or wheelchair
- Transports laboratory specimens from patient areas to specified laboratory
- Transports deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to the mortuary
- Maintain inventory of equipment in appropriate area on unit (e.g. Wheelchairs, stretchers)
- Transport of equipment/furniture and supplies
- Transports clean linen
- Pick Up and transport of soiled linen
- Uses chemicals and cleaning agents to maintain transport equipment
- Strip and make up stretchers
- Maintain open and timely communication with Customer Support Call Centre and Leadership team via phone or in person
- Performs other related duties as required
- Minimum Grade 12 education and/or equivalent in support services role preferred
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors, customers and co-workers
- Ability to read and write and follow instructions
- Must have the physical requirements to complete the job duties
- Must be able to work all shifts (Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends)
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website:
Candidates are selected on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications.
Where these factors are relatively equal seniority shall govern providing the successful applicant.
Trillium Health Partners’ (THP) is an equal opportunity employer who values the importance of antiracism work and is committed to integrating antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion best practices throughout THP operations, policies and culture. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We encourage all applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person to consider this opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 03:24:18 GMT