Job title: Health Information – Registration Clerk
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 348762
Competition #: SS-23-1578
Position Number: 111-71190-T232-02
Posting End Date: November 21, 2023
City: Portage la Prairie
Site: Southern Health-Santé Sud
Work Location: Portage District General Hospital
Department / Unit: HIS/Registration
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: To be determined – March 31, 2024
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Wage Rate: As Per CUPE Collective Agreement
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Reporting to the Registration Services Coordinator, the Registration Clerk is responsible for the accurate and concise collection of information during the registration process adhering to the provincial client registry best practices. Ensuring exceptional customer service and professionalism are met, the Registration Clerk is responsible for the provision of effective and efficient communication and reception services. The incumbent performs duties in accordance with organizational values and Health Information Services objectives, policies and procedures. While maintaining confidentiality in all matters relating to clients, staff and the organization, the incumbent works co-operatively in a matrix structure to support the functions of Health Information Services.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Completion of a recognized Medical Office Assistant Program
- Completion of a recognized Medical Terminology course
- Other suitable combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Recent experience in a patient reception/care area, specifically in registration of patients within an Admission/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) system preferred
- Recent clerical and customer service experience
- Knowledgeable of the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and other healthcare related legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Email/Outlook
- Accurate keyboarding/typing skills of 40 wpm
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic health records
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated approachable and welcoming demeanor
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, decision making and problem- solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to display independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
Conditions of Employment:
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate.
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
- Requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license, an all-purpose insured vehicle and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.00
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB
Job date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 23:03:34 GMT