Job title: Health Care Aide (HCA-RV06-041)
Company: Bethany Care Society
Job description: About Bethany
For 75 years, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
Bethany Care Society (Bethany) is one of Western Canada’s largest faith-based, not-for-profit providers of care, housing, and community services for seniors and adults with disabilities. For 77 years, Bethany has provided high-quality, person-centred care focused on the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of our residents and tenants. We create caring communities to help Albertans age well.
Bethany has won Alberta Top Employer for 15 years for the programs we invest in for our employees. We offer top-ups for maternal leaves, generous vacation and leave time, competitive salaries, benefits, and retirement savings programs. We are committed to employee well-being and giving back to our community. We invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
For more information, check out this video about
About the Role
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Health Care Aide is accountable for providing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families and volunteers within their designated scope of practice. The Health Care Aide demonstrates responsiveness to the holistic needs of residents by assisting with activities of daily living, promoting choices, maintaining dignity and facilitating resident independence.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus: * Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures. Assists residents with all activities of daily living as required, while maintaining the resident’s privacy and dignity.
- Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents and reports care and related observations to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in a timely manner. Monitors, observes and documents residents’ holistic needs in the health care record, including the physical, psychological, spiritual, social and emotional well-being of the resident.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all resident, occupational health and safety and emergency preparedness and response policies and procedures.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
- Team Work: Cares for and works cooperatively with others as an effective team member. Participates with other interdisciplinary team members in evaluating and changing the documented care needs of residents.
What You Bring
- Grade 10 education and Government of Alberta approved Health Care Aide certificate
- Registered with the Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Directory
- Previous Health Care Aide experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication and problem solving skills
- Posting Number: 24-7869
- Position Number: HCA-RV06-041
- Location: Bethany Riverview
- FTE: 0.48
- Union: AUPE
- Position Type: Part-Time Permanent
- Shift: Days (06:45-15:00)
- Hours of Work/Shift Per Cycle: 12 shifts in a 5 week cycle
- Start Date: February 23, 2024
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
If you are an internal applicant, please use your work @bethanyseniors.com email in your application.
Apply Online at:
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check and provide proof of all mandatory immunizations.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Location: Calgary, AB
Job date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 03:56:37 GMT