Job title: General Maintenace
Company: Bass Pro Shops
Job description: Summary:
Reporting to the Co-Manager/ Assistant General Manager, the Maintenance Outfitter is responsible for day-to-day facilities maintenance both directly and indirectly through service providers. This position performs repairs and preventative maintenance of building, grounds, and equipment; assigns and coordinates work tasks to service providers.
- Ultimately responsible for the maintenance and general up keep of thebuilding, equipment and grounds
- Trains and instructs service providers on company policies and procedures
- May conduct and/or assist in repairs and preventative maintenance of building, grounds and equipment including but not limited to machinery, plumbing, sprinkler system, lighting, electrical, carpentry and material handling equipment with the use of various hand and power tools
- Assist with sales floor up-keep and maintenance including fixture builds, dusting, and vacuuming to ensure visual presentation standards are met.
- Responsible for the monitoring of and set up of service contracts (HVAC, Lighting, Snow removal, etc…) in coordination with the Senior Operations manager and Regional facility’s manager.
- Supervises daily activities of maintenance personnel by scheduling and assigning work, determining methods for doing work, checking accuracy of work completed, and resolving employee questions and problems.
- May requisition supplies and coordinate delivery of needed materials
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Vocational/Technical School Certificate preferred
- Previous supervisor experience is an asset with the ability to train and instruct outfitters
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and accomplish multiple projects, as well as the ability to troubleshoot and resolve common problems
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure accuracy of work
- General knowledge of company products, retail practices and procedures is preferred.
- Must be a Customer Service oriented team player with the ability to effectively communicate with customers and other business contacts in a courteous, positive and professional manner
- Knowledge and experience with housekeeping and general maintenance principles
- Experienced in the safe use of cleaning equipment such as an electric scrubbing machine, and rug shampooing machine, and various hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift schedule including evenings and weekends.
- P.A.L license may be required for this position; training is available
Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s welcomes applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
- Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Fun work environment
- Competitive wages
- Excellent benefits
- Unlimited career advancement opportunities
- Bass Pro Cares Fund