Job title: Fredericton Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA) PCN 1152045
Company: Horizon Health Network
Job description: JOB PURPOSE
To participate in the planning and delivery of total nursing care to meet individual patient needs in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the nursing service and Addiction/Mental Health Program. Performs other duties as assigned. May be reassigned or required to float throughout the program as required.
- Registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Minimum of 1950 hours of recent and direct A/MH experience within the last 2 years
- Post Secondary Certificate in Mental Health Nursing or CNA certification would be an asset
- Current BLS and willing to obtain Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, Concurrent Disorder Modules, Addictions 101 and Motivational Interviewing
- Willingness to maintain re-certifications as required
- High level of interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team and independently
- Knowledge of assessment tools and treatment modalities
- Awareness of relevant legislation and processes, including but not limited to the Mental Health Act, Family Services Act and NB Addiction withdrawal protocols
- Ability to develop care plans and initiate recovery planning
- Previous exemplary work and attendance record
- Excellent communication and Organizational skills
- Mandatory to participate in Reflective Clinical Supervision, Code White, Motivational Interview and Family Centered Care training and any other mandatory training
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education and is willing to participate in ongoing education to upgrade knowledge and skills, as is deemed necessary by candidate’s own current professional practice and/or Horizon Health Network
- Willingness to adhere to departmental/corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Through the use of standardized tools, utilizes the nursing process as a framework to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document patient care
- Provides case management and counselling services
- Maintains documentation within NANB standards of practice
- Embraces a culture of client/family centered collaborative care
- Aids in the development of and continuously evaluates effectiveness of individual nursing care plans, ensuring modifications as needed
- Engages in therapeutic relationships and helps support and guide patients/families in their recovery planning
- Facilitates/participates in educational or therapeutic groups
- Ensures patient/family/community have been provided with information conducive to optimal outcomes
- Acts as a patient advocate, promoting an environment conducive to open communication and professionalism
- Maintains knowledge of treatments, equipment and supplies pertinent to the service\
- Acts as a role model, working collaboratively with other team members
- Evaluates and communicates special patient needs and /or staffing needs to assure safe quality care provision
- Maintains personal certification skills required
- Models professionalism ; maintains standards of practice and professional boundaries as determined by the service and NANB
- Acts in a leadership role for other professional and non-professional staff
- Assists with and supports the orientation of new staff
- Assists with educating patient/families/staff/community
- Supports the preceptorship program
- Promotes and demonstrates an interest in program activities, by attending staff meetings, participating on committees as requested and contributing to the development/evaluation of unit standards of care.
- Reports unsafe practices or professional misconduct which could possibly endanger patient safety
- Maintains an awareness of fiscal responsibility and promotes a culture of cost effectiveness
- Acts as a change agent to enhance quality of care, work environment and sustainability
- Works collaboratively with the Manager regarding optimization measures.
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
COMPETENCIES IDENTIFIED BY HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK
Interested? Apply Today?
Horizon Health Network (Horizon) only accepts on-line applications.
About Horizon’s Recruitment Process
We thank all applicant who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Horizon’s recruitment screening process may include language proficiency testing, clerical testing and/or behavioral assessment. If you are selected for testing, you will be contacted via the email address provided on your application. The official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and language results will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon’s hiring purposes.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
Location: Fredericton, NB
Job date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 08:24:48 GMT