Job title: Field Service Technicians
Company: About Staffing
Job description: ABOUT STAFFING recruiters are Alberta’s experts in connecting candidates with Industrial jobs. We focus on temporary, direct hire and temporary-to-direct hire placements in the corporate, industrial, management, and technical fields. We specialize in providing solutions for organizations that urgently need positions filled or that require confidentiality, which means you receive exclusive access to opportunities often unavailable anywhere else.
About Staffing’s recruitment specialists believe in a human-to-human approach to hiring. We read your resume, conduct person-to-person interviews, and make our matches to jobs based on what will benefit both the employee and the employer. As Master’s at Matching Culture®, we can connect you with an extensive network of reputable employers. We evaluate each employer’s expectations, opportunities, and qualification and skill requirements, as well as their corporate culture. We use this information to do our best to place you in a position that aligns with your goals, motivations, personality, and values.
Job ID: 42093
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Interior British Columbia
Our client is looking to add multiple Field Service Technicians to their team, primarily servicing their interior BC customer base.
The sky is the limit for growth within this well established industry preferred supplier, apply today to bring your career to new heights!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key job functions are:
- Installing, commissioning and repairing compressed air equipment; facilitating preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys and service requests
- Utilizing hand tools, software and technology, as well as following electrical wiring schematics and drawings, or engineering specifications, to service equipment
- Providing product related training and guidance to clients when needed in order to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completing required service paperwork and documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Travelling daily to customer locations throughout interior British Columbia
- Working on call as required
- High school diploma is required
- Post-secondary education/related technical training and experience is required
- Valid vaccine passport
- Successfully complete a criminal record check
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test when required
- Valid driver’s license with a 5-year clean driver’s abstract
- Valid Canadian passport and ability/willingness to travel across Canada and the USA (30% travel minimum)
- Flexibility to work on an on-call rotation with occasional after hour call-outs
- Physically fit and capable of lifting up to 75 lbs
- Comfortable working at heights on ladders and aerial platforms
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge/aptitude is required
- Possess a standard tool set, specialty tools will be provided
- Minimum 5 years of service technician experience in a related field is required
- Mechanical, millwright, HVAC, electrical/electronics, and compressed natural gas experience is preferred
- Previous industrial air compressor service experience is considered an asset
- Ability to follow directions and standard operating procedures
- Mechanically inclined with knowledge of hand and power tools
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Driven and eager to learn
- Hard working with a “can do” attitude
- High level of integrity, ethical values and accountability
- Reliable and loyal
- Team player
- Punctual with good time management
- Tech savvy
Base Salary: $65,000 – 70,000 base salary + commission and performance bonuses
- $1,000 bonus upon completion of training
- Comprehensive family benefits package including flex days, education assistance and pension plan
- Banked time off eligibility
- Travel, tool, computer/mobile allowance
- Company service vehicle provided
- 40 hours per week
- On-call rotation
- Overtime as required
- This position is not remote. You are required to be on site.
- This opportunity does not include relocation. It will be the responsibility of the candidate should relocation be required.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada to be considered for employment.
The About Staffing Team would like to thank everyone who applies and will contact those potential candidates who are suitable for the position based on the employer’s needs.
Equity. Diversity. Inclusion. At About Staffing EDI has always been a business priority and is continually upheld in our business practices. We accept applications from everyone, and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer.
We are inclusive, we listen and treat others with respect and sincerity, no matter the visible or invisible differences. We are committed to fostering an environment where everyone is heard and valued. You Be You-we insist.
More on About Staffing
Since 1996, About Staffing has been connecting exceptional candidates with Canada’s greatest employers from all industries and sectors. We take pride in making meaningful workplace connections and invite you to join the About Staffing community of professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I apply?
Our Recruitment Team will be notified once you have submitted your resume. They will review your resume against our current job postings. If you meet the employer’s requirements, a recruiter may be in touch to begin the recruitment process.
If you don’t hear from us, do not be alarmed. A recruiter will keep your resume on file for future opportunities. If and when a position vacancy becomes available and you meet the requirements, a recruiter will reach out to begin the recruitment process.
Please note we are only contacting applicants who meet the employer’s needs of the positions we are actively working on. We are constantly posting administrative jobs so check back with us regularly.
For more FAQs, feel free to stop by our .
Please reference Job ID: 42093 in your application.
To apply for this job email your details to .
About Staffing is an Alberta-based employment and recruitment agency that offers flexible staffing solutions for all businesses across any industry and position level.
Location: British Columbia
Job date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 01:17:22 GMT