Job title: Estimator – City
Company: Manitoba Public Insurance
Job description: Overview
Reporting to the Supervisor, Estimating, the Estimator is responsible for estimating damage to all types of light vehicles. The Estimator completes estimates at a city service centres or the Holding Compound. The Estimator inspects vehicle damage and provides an estimate for the total cost of repairs.
- Inspects vehicles at the service centre or Holding Compound. Confirms damage and prepares vehicle damage estimates using an automated estimating system, in accordance with MPI Estimating Standards and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) repair procedures.
- Organizes and completes road call estimates to ensure a high level of service to customers and repair facilities.
- Provides information and guidance to resolve issues involving customers, repair facilities or claims staff.
- Collaborates with Light Vehicle Accredited repair facilities and Direct Repair facilities to mitigate overall claim repair times to enhance customer service.
- Liaises with repair facilities regarding supplement discrepencies and/or changes.
- Liaises with internal estimating support departments (Reseach and Training, Physical Damage Programs, Special Investigations Unit).
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with the auto body trade.
- Reviews repairs completed by repair facilities, and authorizes additional repairs as required for own and other estimator’s work.
- Priorizes work to ensure a high level of service to customers and repair facilities.
- Maintains daily logs, and processes payments of final repair accounts.
- Processes short payments to repair shops, if requested, after a claim is closed.
- Completes documentation to support claim file decisions, investigations and/or legal action.
- Acts as an expert witness in court, representing MPI and the claim file.
- Commits to continuous learning, taking relavent internal MPI and I-CAR courses.
- Performs other related duties required to provide quality service to claimants and repair facilities.
- Journeyperson Certificate (Red Seal) or Certificate of Qualification in Motor Vehicle Body Repairer, Automotive Service Technician, or Truck and Transport Mechanic.
- Seven years bench experience in autobody repair including one year experience in a customer service capacity.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ten years of bench experience in autobody repair including one year experience in a customer service capacity.
- Platinum status in Estimator or Auto Physical Damage Appraiser role within the I-CAR Gold Class Professionals Designation program, or willingness to complete and maintain designation.
We offer a comprehensive health benefits program that includes:
- flexible health, dental and vision plans
- health spending account
- travel health coverage
- other extended health benefits such as ambulance, massage and physiotherapy
In an effort to support financial security, we offer:
- registered pension plan
- group, dependent, and optional life insurance coverage
- critical illness insurance
- sick leave to cover short-term disability
- long-term disability
We offer programs that focus on how to better achieve a balance between work and personal commitments, as well as maintain a healthy workplace culture. This includes:
- vacation entitlement
- maternity, parental and adoptive leaves
- bereavement and family responsibility leaves
- employee and family assistance program
- mental-health programming
- lunch-and-learn offerings
- discounted gym memberships and wellness account
Diversity and inclusion
Manitoba Public Insurance believes that diversity and inclusion strengthens us. We consider ourselves to be a barrier-free organization where individual values, beliefs and practices are respected and appreciated for the diversity they bring to our work life.
It’s important to recognize our employees for their contributions. Not only do we recognize employees as they achieve milestone years in their careers, we also have several outlets for leaders and peers to reward each other for work well done.
We want our employees to grow, which is why we offer support in keeping their skills up-to-date. We offer in-house training, professional development and an educational assistance program.
Safety and health
In an effort to encourage a safe and healthy work environment, we offer various safety, health and workplace policies and programs along with technical expertise and assistance to support employee activities in safety and health.
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:27:07 GMT