Job title: Engineer, Projects
Job description: Job Category: Engineering
Work Contract: Temp Full-Time (K3)
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Cameco is one of the largest global providers of the uranium fuel needed to energize a clean-air world. Utilities around the world rely on our nuclear fuel products to generate safe, reliable, emissions-free nuclear power. Cameco’s corporate office is based in Saskatoon. We have mining operations and projects in northern Saskatchewan, Kazakhstan, the United States and Australia. We are also a leading supplier of uranium refining, conversion, and fuel manufacturing services from our operations in Ontario.
As a member of the technical services team, you will provide project engineering support to Cameco site operations, projects, and other business units. You will be responsible for leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams in the production of technical deliverables on various projects within Cameco. You will lead projects through scoping, design development, and delivery of various executable scopes of work while integrating operations, maintenance, construction, and commissioning into the technical deliverables.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate resources across multiple groups
- Facilitate design reviews
- Prepare scope of supply packages, capital cost estimates, and scope of work documentation
- Support in planning and preparation of all field execution activities
- Ensure all technical work is done on schedule, meeting all deliverables while working within agreed to budget targets
- Be responsible for ensuring that the design work is done in accordance with Cameco’s processes, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements and to an appropriate level of quality
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Four to eight years of relevant industry experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will also be considered
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation
- Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Intermittent travel to Cameco’s northern sites by aircraft
- Strong communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills
- Experience with working in process plants, mills and underground environment
- Eligible for registration with the Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
Conditions of Employment:
- Substance test
Cameco is proud to offer a competitive total reward package which includes:
- Competitive compensation program with base and variable pay
- Flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan with a health spending and personal spending account
- Fixed benefits including employee and dependant life, AD&D, disability benefits and paid vacation leave
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP and RPP matching program
- Career development opportunities
Cameco is an employment equity employer and aims to achieve gender parity, and as such, preference will be given to qualified members of equity groups. We are strengthened by the diverse backgrounds of experiences and encourage applicants with various levels of expertise to apply, as equivalent combination of education and work experience are considered.
This is a temporary position with an estimated duration of 12 months.
You will have the opportunity to work remote in this position. However, there may be the need for intermittent meetings in the Saskatoon office/travel to site. The details of this flex work arrangement will be discussed with you in the recruitment process.
Req ID #: 39514
Posted: January 23, 2024
Posting end date: February 6, 2024
Salary Range: $103,590 – $129,490
The physical and psychological safety of our employee’s is a top priority at Cameco. We invite candidates to voluntarily disclose accommodation requirements, if contacted in relation to a job opportunity. Information received will be addressed confidentially and Cameco’s Workplace Inclusion and Accommodation Program document is available upon request. Successful candidates for all positions that will work at Safety Sensitive Sites or Safety Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 04:13:10 GMT