Job title: Document Controller
Job description: Company Description
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure, and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
Location: Leroy, SK, Jansen Site
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
Our Document Management group is seeking an experienced Document Coordinator / Controller to join our team.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of .
- Supporting all project participants in complying with project procedures and using the EDMS to capture project documents.
- Auditing and reviewing the accuracy of document management attributes in the EDMS.
- Handling, uploading, and managing engineering, contractor/vendor and client documents, and project emails in the EDMS, including Meta Data.
- Providing reports from the EDMS such as the engineering status and vendor/contractor document submission status, engineering progress measurement, review cycles and assisting in expediting internal reviews.
- Providing document management support to project participants including support to external users (bidders, vendors, contractors, consultants, and client).
- Assisting the lead document controller in training other document controllers and project support coordinators as required.
- 5 to 10 years of previous document control experience in an engineering project or data management environment using an electronic document management system.
- Advanced level in MS Outlook, MS Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and demonstrated ability to learn other software tools.
- Experience with SmartPlant Foundations considered an asset.
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills to build relationships with the immediate and remote team members.
- Possesses excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize.
- Previous experience with document management systems and engineering processes.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Location: LeRoy, SK
Job date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 01:46:19 GMT