Job title: Director Of Event Sales & Planning
Job description: Description:
About the role:
Are you an Event Sales Professional looking to achieve your next career goal? This is your opportunity.
If you thrive working in a fast-paced environment, and possess exceptional organisational skills, we invite you to apply for our Director of Event Sales & Planning role, where no two days are the same.
As Director of Event Sales & Planning you will be responsible for the sale and management of all conferences, meetings and events from initial contact to completion, ensuring client satisfaction and profitability at every turn. You will be equally responsible for ensuring the Event Sales & Planning team achieve all financial and service objectives of the department, while looking at new and innovative ventures for our business.
A deep understanding of the events industry is essential, as well as being able to work in a dynamic & high performing team environment, collaborate with different divisions across the Hotel, and take our Event Sales & Planning team to the next level.
About Hyatt Regency Sydney:
Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney’s Central Business District, Hyatt Regency Sydney is a haven of relaxation for the business and leisure traveller. As Australia’s largest upscale full-service hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney boasts 878 guestrooms, a Fitness Centre, Regency Club, dining experiences in 5 food and beverage outlets and 4,000 sqm of flexible meeting and event space.
- Partner with the Sales Team, to build and maintain relationships with PCO’s, Corporate Meeting Planners and Incentive Houses.
- Entertain in conjunction with approved site inspections to build a good rapport and professional relationships with clients and industry peers.
- Responsible for site inspections & sales calls with the focus being the introduction of new business for the hotel.
- Serve as the Direct Manager for the Event Sales and Planning team, and therefore will be responsible for effective recruitment, training and development, certification, performance evaluation, turnover reduction and optimisation of productivity through efficient work practices.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly outlook/forecast reports.
- Ensure tight management of group billing and deposit schedules.
- Work collaboratively with key internal clients, including our Events Service, Culinary and Rooms Division teams.
- Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans to drive revenue and elevate the brand’s presence in Sydney.
- Implement revenue targets and business goals.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Previous experience in a large 5 star hotel.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience leading and developing a large team.
- Opera system experience is preferred however not essential.
- Has previous experience with international clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Full working rights in Australia.
Benefits for Working with Hyatt:
With enriching work comes amazing rewards! Some of our associate benefits include:
- A highly competitive salary as well as a generous discretionary annual bonus
- Access to health and wellness benefits.
- Complimentary city car parking at a nearby facility.
- Complimentary accommodation at Hyatt properties worldwide.
- Discounted accommodation for associates as well as friends and family.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Associate rewards and recognition programs.
- The opportunity to join an international group with endless career opportunities.
- Experience working within an international group who is consistently ranked as one of the world’s best places to work.