Job title: Direct Support Specialist (Fredericton – Part-Time)
Company: CBI Health
Job description: Description :
CBI Health is Canada’s leading community-based healthcare provider, delivering both rehabilitation and home health services. Our integrated, interdisciplinary network delivers physical and mental health services in clinic, home and facility settings or remotely through virtual care / telehealth. With over 12,000 dedicated staff supporting over 800 communities across the country, we deliver proven outcomes that meet the evolving healthcare needs of Canadians.
Direct Support Specialist – Fredericton (Part-Time)
What CBI offers to you?
- Regularly scheduled hours – Days, Evenings and/or Overnight shifts. Some weekend work required for all positions
- Paid orientation and onboarding
- Competitive wages – Starting at $23.00/hr
- Referral Bonus (if eligible)
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certification
- Benefits including comprehensive Medical & Dental when working 25+ hours weekly
- Ongoing paid education and training
- Opportunities for career progression
- Supportive and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
As a Direct Support Specialist, you will be:
- Supporting clients with community involvement and independence to optimize the individual’s quality of life
- Assisting and teaching daily living activities, and life skills to promote the self-esteem and well-being
- Daily documentation and reporting
- Medication Administration (as delegated)
- Managing challenging behaviors and situations using CPI knowledge and principles
- Supporting clients with varied level of personal care (e.g. hand-over-hand, full support, etc.)
- Assisting with household activities and chores
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Does this describe you?
- You MUST have a Certificate or Diploma in one or more of the following:
- Child and Youth Worker, Human Services Worker, Social Sciences, Education, Community Support Worker (CSW), Behavioural Sciences ( ABA, Instructor Therapist, Registered Behaviour Technician, Autism Support Worker), Police Foundations, Nursing (2 or 4 year program)
- Previous community experience such as mental health, youth and adults with challenging behaviour would be considered an asset
- Comfortable working with clients that have a variety of diagnoses such as ADHD, ODD, RAD, Autism Spectrum, etc.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate or willing to recertify within 3 months
- Provide a Clear and current Criminal Record, and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills
Join us at CBI Health – where working together makes great things happen.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbihealth.ca
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and CBI Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process. Please inform your recruiter if you have any accommodation requests.
Location: New Brunswick
Job date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 00:44:12 GMT