Job title: Dietitian – TELUS Health
Job description: Description
Location: 300-808 Nelson St, Vancouver BC
Status: Permanent full-time / 5 days per week
TELUS Health is empowering every person to live their healthiest life. Guided by our vision, we are leveraging the power of our leading-edge technology and focusing on the uniqueness of each individual to create the future of health.
Simply put, our team members across the country are united by their commitment to continuously innovating to make healthcare more accessible and deliver improved health experiences for everyone.
Do you share our passion?
Let’s create a healthier future, together.
Our team and what we’ll accomplish together
The clinician’s primary role is to provide excellent clinical care and service to our clients, in an interdisciplinary healthcare setting. The clinician may work with a wide variety of nutrition-related concerns including but not limited to cardiovascular disease, diabetes/prediabetes, weight management, sports nutrition, gut health, disordered eating/eating disorders, supplements and overall healthy eating. There are opportunities to work with clients across the lifespan, to assist them with nutrition and behavior change. At TELUS Health, we strive for high-quality evidence-based care.
In addition to individual outpatient counselling, you will also have the opportunity to innovate new materials and services for our clients. This may be in the form of: program development, creating resources and presentations/webinars.
This is an in-person position and dietitian services are offered in person and virtually.
What you’ll do:
As part of the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Screening all patient charts prior to their appointment
- Reviewing and assessing relevant laboratory data
- Conducting a thorough diet history
- Analyzing and comparing food intake with nutritional requirements
- Applying knowledge of nutrition requirements throughout the life cycle
- Translating scientific, medical and nutrition information into practical, individualized nutrition goals for our clients
- Determining potential nutrient, supplement, drug interactions
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to provide optimal care to our clients
What you bring:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutritional Science (dietetics)
- Dietetic Internship in a public or private health care environment
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia
- One or more year experience with 1:1 nutrition counseling in an outpatient setting
- Demonstrate strong skills in communication, interpersonal interaction, organization, and time management
- Multidisciplinary experience an asset
- Basic knowledge of computers and experience with electronic medical records is an asset
Our team is looking for people who are compassionate, positive, resilient to change, comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and who practice excellent evidence-based healthcare. Clinicians must follow the codes of ethics and standards set forth by their professional accreditation, and Health Professions Act. The clinician is expected to adhere to TELUS Healthcare processes and procedures for confidentiality, billing, accounting, documentation, scheduling, and use of the electronic medical record.
By applying to this role, you understand and agree that your information will be shared with the TELUS Group of Companies’ Talent Acquisition team(s) and/or any leader(s) who will be part of the selection process.
Midpoint Base Salary: $81,647
Midpoint Base Salary:
Performance Bonus or Sales Incentive Plan:
Actual total compensation can be above or below the listed pay, based on knowledge, skills, performance and experience. Depending on the position, the pay type is either hourly or salaried. In addition, TELUS offers rewarding benefits, which may vary job function, such as:
- Comprehensive total rewards package highlighting competitive salary and bonus structures, minimum 3 weeks of vacation, and flexible benefits plan to meet the needs of you and your family
- Autonomy to work from anywhere within Canada, whether it’s virtually, in the office, or hybrid. This empowers you to prioritize your work-life balance*
- Generous company matched pension and share purchase programs
- Opportunity to give back to communities in which we work, live and serve
- Career growth and learning & development opportunities to develop your skills
- And much more …
*Some roles may require you to be in a clinic or visit clients
A bit about us
We’re a people-focused, customer-first, purpose-driven team who works together every day to innovate and do good. We improve lives through our technology solutions and foster a culture of innovation that empowers team members to solve complex problems and create remarkable human outcomes in a digital world.
You’ll find our engaging, high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging, and financially rewarding. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all team members whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our TELUS Health Care Centres to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Note for Quebec candidates: if knowledge of English is required for this position, it is because the team member will be asked, on a regular basis, to interact in English with external or internal parties or to use English applications or software as part of their tasks.
We’re looking for clinicians, programmers, product developers, sales and marketing people, customer support, and everyone in between. If you have a penchant for turning information into better health outcomes, then we want you to help us develop, implement and manage the most innovative healthcare solutions possible.
We are honoured to be recognized
Physicians using TELUS Health electronic medical records
Pharmacies using our pharmacy solutions
Health claims processed using TELUS Health solutions
TELUS is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.