Job title: Diesel Service Attendant
Company: Canadian Pacific Railway
Job description: Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Moving, marshalling and building Locomotive consists within Mechanical Shop Track Operations and delivering Locomotive to departure areas, along with fueling and cleaning the locomotives. By applying to this job you will be put into a pool of candidates that will be used throughout the year to fill positions when they become available in this area. You will only be contacted if you are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
- Fuel, sand, clean yard and road locomotives, locomotive cabs and re-supply cab amenities, as required
- Test, clean and recharge locomotive toilets and toilet rooms
- Perform inspections on Yard and Road Locomotive trucks, fuel tanks, brake adjusters, MU cables, cab equipment, spark arrestor
- Inspect, change-out and perform minor repairs/adjustments, and/or replace Yard and Road Locomotive components
- Adjusting and changing of any necessary safety components, brakes, hoses, light bulbs, head lamps, seats, arm rests, sun visors, bell cartridges, water pressure caps, windshield wipers, wiper motors, side view mirrors, radios, CDUs, Locator radios, sand hoses, sand nozzles, brake travel, and change brake shoes, fire extinguishers as required
- Inspect, top-up all fluid levels, oil, water, governor oil, air compressor oil. Take oil samples, as Required
- Test all cab electrical devices, set-up cab brakes as per requirements of the train operations, test all safety devices
- Test brakes and loading including Locator qualification and ensure the Crew to crew form is filled out
- Perform required pre-departure safety inspections and run-through’s within terminals Type “D” and affect minor repairs as required
- Low voltage electrical work
- Must obtain / maintain Shop Track Operations Curriculum (STOC) and Locomotive Safety Inspection (LSI) certification.
- Other duties as required as per collective agreement
- Previous mechanical experience and/or knowledge of rolling equipment preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial driver’s license ( Class 1A,3A ) preferred
- Must obtain / maintain commercial driver’s license to operate fuel/servicing truck
- Must be able to work any of three shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Must have ability to wear safety equipment and work in an environment with grease, oil and cleaning agents.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Part-time Studies Program
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CPKC’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Drivers license Verification
- Education verification
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 101763
- Department: Mechanical Loco
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Moose Jaw , Saskatchewan
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- Job Available to: Internal & External