Job title: Diesel Mechanic
Company: Nasittuq Corporation
Job description: Empower Your Career with Nasittuq: Illuminate Your Path as a Diesel Mechanic in the Arctic Frontier!
About Nasittuq: At Nasittuq Corporation, we take pride in delivering exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, located in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce ensures the seamless operation of critical operations for the Department of National Defense (DND), ranging from facilities maintenance to logistical support.
Where You Will Be Working: CFS Alert, the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement globally, offers a breathtaking backdrop on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. Explore beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna thriving year-round in this exceptional environment.
About the Role: Join us as a Diesel Mechanic, where you’ll be a motivated individual capable of adapting to changing priorities while ensuring safe and efficient operations. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of diesel engines, generators, and related equipment.
What You Will Bring:
– Certified Diesel Mechanic with a focus on Caterpillar co-generator systems.
– 5+ years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of diesel engines, generators, and related equipment.
– Ability to perform shop preventative and reoccurring inspections on power plant equipment.
– Experience in conducting maintenance and test-runs on generators, APUs, UPSs, and auxiliary equipment following manufacturers’ recommendations.
– Responding to equipment failures, completing repairs, and addressing emergency calls/situations.
– Maintaining the Power Plant Operations Log and other documentation/reports for equipment, associated test-runs, etc.
– Eligible for RELIABILITY security clearance and pre-employment medical.
– Possess a valid passport for travel to CFS Alert, NU, including overnight stays in Thule, Greenland.
– Cross-cultural adaptability and a strong team player mindset are essential.
What We Offer:
– Salary rate: $42.35 – $44.58
– An additional $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked.
– Hours of work are typically 48 hours per week with overtime on short notice.
– 6% vacation pay in lieu of time off. Up to 6% pension benefits for permanent employees.
– Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability, and life insurance benefits. All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq.
– Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site.
– Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, workout equipment, woodworking shop, hobbies, and clubs.
Opportunities for Nunavut Inuit Beneficiaries: Nasittuq Corporation is committed to supporting the growth and development of the Nunavut Inuit community. We encourage Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries to apply and explore the exciting opportunities available within our organization.
Development Programs: We offer various programs tailored to support Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries in starting a new career path or advancing their existing careers. These programs include formal apprenticeship initiatives and in-house training and development opportunities.
Inclusivity and Recognition: At Nasittuq, we celebrate and value the diversity of our workforce. We actively encourage Nunavut Inuit applicants to apply, and we recognize the unique perspectives and skills they bring to our team.
Application Process: All applications from Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries will be given careful consideration for current and future vacancies. Resumes will be kept active on file for a full year, ensuring that opportunities are maximized.
Security Clearance Support: Nasittuq Corporation is committed to assisting qualified candidates through the security clearance process. We recognize the importance of building a skilled and diverse workforce, and Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries are integral to that vision.
How to Apply: If you are a Nunavut Inuit beneficiary seeking a fulfilling career as a Diesel Mechanic with Nasittuq, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter. Please indicate your status as a Nunavut Inuit beneficiary in your application.
Our Commitment: Nasittuq Corporation is dedicated to employment equity and creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage Nunavut Inuit beneficiaries to take advantage of the opportunities available and join us in shaping the future of our organization.
Nasittuq provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
ᐃᖅᑲᓇᐃᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᐃᓄᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ!
Translation: We invite you to join us and embark on a rewarding career journey!
Job date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 05:38:49 GMT