Job title: Diagnostic Imaging Technical Aide- Ultrasound & MRI- Temporary Part-time- Multi-site-Belleville Home
Company: Quinte Health Care
Job description: Job Number:
$24.99 – $28.77/Hour
Diagnostic Imaging Technical Aide- Ultrasound & MRI- Temporary Part-time- Multi-site-Belleville Home
Temporary Part Time
Number of Positions:
8-hour shifts, Days, Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Reporting to the Program Manager of Diagnostic Imaging, and working closely with Registered Technologists, Radiologists and clerical staff, the Technical Aide will perform tasks that will support the daily patient flow in the Diagnostic Imaging department.
- High School Graduate.
- Enrolled in or successfully completed a relevant Health Care related post-secondary program.
- Initiative, organizational, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal courteously and effectively with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, weekends, and stat holidays.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to complete the MR safety course for Level 1 upon hire.
- Assists with moving patients on and off the table and stretchers utilizing patient lifting devices while adhering to safe work practices under the supervision of a regulated health professional.
- Assists the Technologist with the transportation of patients within the department.
- Assist the Technologist in preparing the room for patient procedures and cleans room post procedure.
- Assists the Technologist to process patient data. Proven knowledge of Meditech and PACS.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate level of products and supplies to support daily operations.
- Reports equipment deficiencies to the Technologist, Charge Technologist or Manager.
- Demonstrates willingness to provide the highest quality service appropriate to the position based on the concept and philosophy of continuous and quality improvement.
- Demonstrates courteous behavior through polite and respectful communication with all co-workers and patients.
- Participates in continuing education to increase his/her own professional growth and development.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of the provision of Diagnostic Imaging services, policies, and procedures, and
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
At Quinte Health, guided by our core values of Imagine It’s You, Value Everyone, We All Make a Difference, and Stronger Together, our family of four hospitals holds a central role in the mission to enhance lives and foster healthier communities. We operate as a cohesive team, uniting all our hospitals, to deliver local and regional healthcare services. In partnership with our communities, we strive to improve access to high-quality care, right in their own neighborhoods.
Our sense of fulfillment is deeply rooted in the impactful work we do, a sentiment shared by our dynamic teams of staff, dedicated physicians, and committed volunteers. They not only care passionately for our patients but also for each other, embodying our core values at every turn.
We don’t just serve our communities, we actively contribute to them. Quinte Health is woven into the fabric of our local landscape, with our team members residing, raising their families, and often retiring right here in the communities they cherish. We are on a constant lookout for compassionate and dedicated individuals to join our team. Our diverse array of exciting roles encompasses positions that span multiple hospitals, as well as opportunities situated within a single hospital. Join us as we live out our values in providing exceptional healthcare close to home.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Frequently – lifting and carrying, pushing/pulling.
- Required Frequently – standing and walking on hard surfaces.
- Required Occasionally – crouching/squatting.
- Required Frequently – bending/stooping, bending, twisting/turning, reaching.
- Required Frequently – handling objects, gripping/grasping, neck, elbow, shoulder and wrist movement, reaching.
Required Frequently – fine finger movement.
Quinte Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 or for assistance.
Quinte Health is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Belleville, ON
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 01:15:11 GMT