Job title: Diagnostic Imaging Graduates 2023-2024 (Signing Bonus Available)
Company: IWK Health Centre
Job description: Req ID: 157426
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Various Sites & Locations Across Nova Scotia
Department: Diagnostic Imaging
Type of Employment: Permanent, Assignments, and Casual Relief Opportunities Available
Status: Healthcare Bargaining Unit, Constituent Union Based on Location
Posting Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with a Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
Facility Profiles and Community Information
Check out the below links to learn more about our facilities, zones and communities:
Successful candidates may be eligible for up to $10,000 signing bonus and up to $5,000 of relocation assistance with a defined Return of Service contract.
About the Opportunity
Are you and upcoming 2023/2024 graduate from a Diagnostic Imaging program?
At Nova Scotia Health, Diagnostic Imaging is a supportive community of patient-centered professionals who provide medical imaging services and radiation therapy treatment to patients. With compassion, and a fleet of new equipment throughout the province such as GE Logic E10s, GE Definium 656, Philips Epiq CVXs, and more state-of-the-art equipment to come! Diagnostic Imaging professionals navigate patients through testing and are a key player on the healthcare team. The department is always looking for ways to expand service, improve access and provide excellent care. We invite 2023/2024 DI grads to join the mission!
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Graduated, or will graduate in the coming twelve months, from an accredited educational program (School of Radiological Technology, School of Nuclear Medicine Technology, School of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound, School with diploma in Health Technology).
- Certification (or eligible) with Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) (if applicable)
- Certification with Sonography Canada (if applicable)
- Licensure (or eligible) with Nova Scotia College of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Professionals (NSCMIRTP)
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- Enrollment in the Provincial Pension Plan
- Variety of available shifts
- Continuous Clinical Education & Support
- Opportunity for advancement within the organization
- Various permanent, assignments (temporary), and casual relief (no guarantee of hours), opportunities available in various locations throughout Nova Scotia.
- Shifts may include days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on call shifts.
- You will be asked to specify your work hours and location preferences in the screening questions that follow once you click ‘Apply now’.
- For a complete list of available opportunities, please visit
Compensation and Benefits
$30.83 – $37.54 hourly
Interventional (IR) Technologist
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
$34.24 – $39.96 hourly
Cardiac Sonographers are currently eligible for a temporary market adjustment. The amount is annually $9600.00 for full-time hours, paid on a biweekly basis in the amount of $369.23.
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
If you have any questions or would like more information on our opportunities, programs and communities, please contact us!
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. A Recruiter will reach out to you to explore whether your qualifications and skills match an opportunity.
Preferred candidates must be able to demonstrate proof of primary series of COVID -19 vaccine at time of hire.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage all qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotian, Persons of Colour, Foreign Nationals/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply and self-identify.