Job title: Customer Service & Insurance Sales Representative
Company: The Co-operators
Job description: Description :
Posting Closing Date: March 1, 2024
Internal title: Licensed Insurance Representative
External Title: Customer Service & Insurance Sales Representative
Employment Type (length of contract): Regular, Full-Time
Work Model: Remote (one day in office a month or as per requested). Fixed shift of Monday – Friday from 1:00 pm – 9: 00 pm (AST)
Location: 10 Record Street Moncton NB
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
Please note this full-time opportunity has a fixed start date of April 29, 2024, and requires mandatory attendance for 6 consecutive weeks of training starting the first day of employment.
Referral Award : Eligible for internal employees only (English speaking referral $2000) / (English & French speaking referral $3000). To be an eligible recipient, referral bonus guidelines to be following with required documentation sent to
We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy. That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose. The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients, and our communities.
Our Distribution team aspires to be the leader in client engagement among Canadian Insurers. We strive to provide a seamless and personalized client experience. Our knowledgeable and trusted team is committed to delivering financial services solutions to meet our clients’ unique needs. The Licensed Insurance Representative is responsible for providing quality customer service, underwriting and sales to new and existing clients over the telephone.
How you will create impact:
- Quote and sell basic automobile and property insurance to clients in accordance with the sales quality call flow, sales processes and underwriting guidelines.
- Advise and coach clients on what type of coverage/policy would best meet their needs with some guidance as needed.
- Identify and make recommendations for additional products/services that benefit the client.
- Provide fundamental front line underwriting during client transactions and in determining whether a client qualifies for a quotation.
- Achieve set goals for customer service, sales, quality and productivity with guidance.
How you will succeed:
- You influence change and are committed to continuous improvement, in order to exceed client expectations.
- You leverage critical thinking skills to identify problems and proactively propose solutions.
- Your strong communication skills allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You’re an effective team player who shares knowledge to support your peers.
To join our team:
- You have completed post-secondary education.
- You are committed to self development and actively looking to learn.
- You showcase strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Having customer service and sales experience is preferred.
- Having insurance or inbound contact center experience is an asset.
- You meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- You are willing to pursue the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation with priority given to the successful completion of C130 and C131 courses.
What you need to know:
- This role operates in a call centre environment where a high level of audio and visual concentration is required for extended periods of time.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
- You are available for six consecutive weeks of training that will take place during regular business hours on a full-time basis.
What’s in it for you?
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Bilingual French & English language premium in addition to base salary.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- In addition to our competitive salary and incentive programs, eligible employees also benefit from a comprehensive total rewards package including group retirement savings plans, pension and benefits (e.g., health and wellness, dental, disability and life coverage), mental health support and an employee assistance program. Please contact our recruitment team for more information.