Job title: Critical Care Paramedic – CCP
Company: Bayshore HealthCare
Job description: Critical Care Paramedic (CCP) Opportunities in Isolated – Semi Isolated and remote Communities of Northern Ontario
Provide paramedic services and health guidance to individuals, families, and groups in Northern communities of Ontario in the Sioux Lookout, Thunder Bay, and Moose Factory Regions. The Paramedic scope of work is directed toward the prevention of disease and the promotion and maintenance of health. The Paramedic may also be involved in the delivery of primary care and emergency services (potentially participating in medevacs and medical evacuations) of a mental health, medical, obstetrical or trauma related nature.
The Paramedic scope of work is based on operational requirements, and may also be required to assist with administrative duties associated with the daily operations at the Location of Work; Perform Work as per the scope of practice of the applicable provincial regulatory body; Have the willingness and ability to travel in small aircraft, off road vehicles, snowmobiles, and other similar modes of transportation, including small watercraft, in varied weather conditions, to communities in Remote, Semi-Isolated and Isolated areas; Relocate to Locations of Work defined in the above locations.
Be available for work during the assigned contract 24/7 days a week with rotations ranging from 7 days to 4 weeks in duration depending on the Operational need.
Requirements – Possess or willing to acquire
· Valid registration, with no restrictions, with the Ontario Ministry of Health, Emergency Health Services.
· Malpractice insurance through the Paramedic Association of Canada, Ontario Paramedic Association, or the Contractor for whom the Work is being performed.
· 1,950 Regular Working hours of experience accumulated in the past two years
· Hold a valid Class F Driver’s License
· Obtain a Reliability Status level security clearance
· International Trauma Life Support (ITLS);
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers
· Pediatric Advanced Life support (PALS)
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) – 2015 Version.
· Intravenous (IV) Certification (Ontario Ministry of Health) – Applicable for Primary Care Paramedics only.
· Venipuncture Techniques Certification
Additional onboarding and training including self- Learning online courses to be completed upon hire.
We thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Bayshore Northern Staffing
Bayshore HealthCare’s Northern Staffing program has provided high-quality community clinical health relief services to Indigenous and northern communities since 1997. You’ll work closely with diverse Indigenous communities (First Nations, Inuit and Métis), providing exceptional care to client/patients of all ages.
We hire nurses for isolated, semi-isolated and remote northern communities of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Nunavut.
Benefits of working with Bayshore Northern Staffing:
- Fully paid travel assignments
- Highly competitive pay packages and paid on an hourly basis.
- Comprehensive orientation/practicum and continuous education
- Diverse assignments with flexible schedules
- Enjoy a great work/ life balance with daytime hours, Monday to Friday (on call required depending on role)