Job title: Continuing Care Assistant – Sackville, Halifax, Dartmouth
Company: CBI Health
Job description: Description :
Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) – Sackville/Halifax/Dartmouth
Do your life’s best work with us!
CBI Health is dedicated to improving the lives of both our clients and our health care team members. As you care for others, CBI Health will care for you by providing the Personal Protective Equipment, training and resources that you need to feel confident every day.
We’re committed to making a difference in people’s lives – and that starts with yours. You’ll enjoy a flexible schedule that allows you to achieve your goals at work and at home, with a balance of teamwork and independence. We have a team of Supervisors and motivated colleagues who are excited to meet and support you!
Here’s a look at our total rewards:
- Full-time, part-time and casual positions
- Competitive wages
- Compensation for travel, inc. mileage, transit pass.
- Comprehensive benefits plan for you and your family
- Evening and Weekend Premiums.
- Paid orientation
- Flexible hours with a commitment to work-life balance.
- Supportive on-boarding program, peer-to-peer support, mentorship and ongoing learning and development to continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Career development and Opportunities to grow your career within CBI Health’s national network
- Reward and recognition program
Your role with clients
As a caring, responsible health care team member, you will support clients to be as safe and independent in their homes as possible, helping them to live their best lives. You will provide personal care to clients in their home, and may assist them to mobilize and perform light exercises. You will act at all times with the client and their family at the heart of all you do, observing, documenting, and reporting any changes in their condition to your Manager/Supervisor. You may be required to perform light housekeeping tasks as indicated in client care plans.
What you will need to be successful
- One of the following certificates CCA , PCW, HHP, HHA, HSW, Internationally Trained Nurses, Retired Nurses or CCA Students
- Current Standard CPR and First Aid Certificate;
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months;
- Ability to travel from home to home within the community
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills required; the ability to communicate in French or other languages is considered an asset
- Reliability and strong organization skills
- Ability to safely lift up to 35 lbs. (16 kg)
Join us at CBI Health – Because Your Care Matters
To learn more about CBI Health, please visit www.cbihealth.ca
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.