Job title: Community Ministries Coordinator
Company: The Salvation Army
Job description: Description
The Community Ministries Coordinator will provide support and assistance to the Community Ministries in various programs related to community and client support in accordance with Salvation Army mission, values, and standards.
Program Planning and Supervision:
· Assist the Corps Officers with ongoing strategic planning to ensure programming reflects client need as these may evolve in our changing socioeconomic climate, and ensure that programs (including program reviews, inspections, and audits) meet contractual, legal, and internal requirements
· Ensure the ministry objectives are consistently accomplished and that a spiritual focus is applied to all program initiatives.
· Ensure that all duties are completed in accordance with the principles, standards, policies, and procedures of The Salvation Army.
· May provide intake services, client assessment, emergency assistance and short-term spiritual counselling for clients, ensuring that clients are treated with dignity and respect.
· Network on behalf of The Salvation Army with community officials, service providers and agencies, as appropriate or directed, to coordinate resources and ensure that clients’ needs are met.
· Plan or coordinate planning of special community events.
· Provide oversight and direction to Intake Workers as requested by Director/Corps Officers pertaining to the Holiday Camp Programs.
· Provide oversight and direction in all aspects of the Adopt-A-Family Christmas Program.
· Liaise with the organizer of the Christmas Wish Breakfast and other Christmas Programs to determine our involvement.
· May present our programs to service groups/major companies upon request.
Team Leadership and Volunteer Coordination:
· Provide supervision and coaching to reporting employees.
· Responsible for providing operational support for the team.
· May participate in hiring and orientation.
· Provide direction and support to employees/volunteers and ensure that they work together to achieve the purposes of the organization.
· Responsible to review and assign weekly workload for all Community Ministries volunteers.
· Develop strategies and recommendations for volunteer development.
· Responsible for preparing volunteer work schedules.
· Ensure that all volunteers maintain any mandatory training or certification; identify any training needs and reports to the Corps Officer.
Administration & Finance
· Maintain accurate records of client information on The Salvation Army’s computer system while maintaining confidentiality and providing statistical reports.
· Completes appropriate paperwork as/when required (incident reports, vacation requests, etc.)
· May prepare and submit grant/funding applications; complete timely, accurate reports as required.
· Provide input in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for Community and Family Services programs.
· Attends and participates in meetings, events, committees (internal and external) as a required.
· Performs administrative tasks (i.e., filing, photocopying, email, etc.) that support program objectives and/or delegated by supervisor.
Health and Safety:
· Monitor volunteer and staff safety practices in compliance with health and safety standards, and may prepare, submit, and act on incident reports; provide calming intervention as required ensuring the safety of everyone.
· Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures, and perform inspections as required.
· Responsible to report any serious health and safety infractions or problems in accordance with policies to the Corps Officer.
· Participate in the supervision of Early and Safe Return to Work plans where applicable.
· Ensure the Community Ministries areas are cleaned regularly according to acceptable health standards and that physical property is maintained, arranging for repairs as necessary.
Perform other position related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Completion of a formal post-secondary/college/University program of three academic years, preferably Social Services field or equivalent.
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Safe Food Handling
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior related experience, including, experience in a specialized social services program; inclusive of supervisory experience.
- Supervisory/management skills and the ability to lead, coach and motivate.
- Knowledge of community-based resources and experience networking with government and social service agencies.
- Certified in Safe Food Handling and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- First Aid/CPR would be an asset.
- Valid Alberta Class “5” Driver’s License, current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Experience/working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adhere to all Salvation Army policies, directives, and operating guidelines.
- Communicates in an empathetic and influential manner with clients, congregants, families, staff and community agencies.
- Represent The Salvation Army in a positive, professional, and engaging manner.
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry).
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – clear and simple to understand.
- Effective organizational and time management skills – self-motivated and disciplined self-starter.
- Ability to seek common ground in navigating challenging issues and constructively manages conflict to create win-win solutions wherever possible
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Adaptable to change and frequent interruptions
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
DAYS and HOURS of work:
HOURS: 35 hours weekly (Must be flexible – the majority of the hours will be Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 4pm, but occasionally weekends and evenings will be required due to various programs that we run in preparation for Christmas).
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Location: Red Deer, AB
Job date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 02:06:08 GMT