Job title: Co-op Student (Engineering)
Job description: Company Description
The Veolia group’s ambition is to be the benchmark company in ecological transformation. With nearly 230,000 employees worldwide, the group designs and implements innovative, useful and concrete solutions for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary businesses, Veolia contributes to developing access to resources, preserving available resources and renewing them. By 2021, the Veolia group will have supplied 79 million people with drinking water and 61 million with wastewater, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million metric tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) will achieve consolidated sales of 28.508 billion euros in 2021.
The main requirements of the role are to; * Work on the South End Sewage Treatment Plant (SEWPCC), North End Sewage Treatment Plant (NEWPCC), West End Sewage Treatment Plant (WEWPCC) within the Winnipeg Sewage Treatment Program (WSTP).
- Assist in coordinating the construction contracts of the Winnipeg Sewage Treatment Program
- Audit, assess, evaluate and provide recommendations to the Winnipeg Sewage Treatment Program Team
- Facilite and execute site-wide walkthoughs, meetings and inspections and produce reports that support the Program Team.
- Provide all other support to the Contract Administrator team and City Project Teams within the Winnipeg Sewage Treatment Program (WSTP).
Support the WSTP as an integral player by: * Managing, maintaining, tracking and facilitating all objectives as a service for the City of Winnipeg Engineering Division to ensure achievement of project goals and implementation of all changes to the WSTP contracts
- Work under the direction of the Program Leader and other Veolia staff to coordinate and manage all site contracts and their related activities to foster the best for program decisions.
- Provide support in the circulation and review of contractor submissions providing comments and input when appropriate.
- Participate in project Quality Assurance program coordination by completing site walkthroughs, taking site photos and liasing with all stakeholders.
- Ensure that a strong safety culture in adopted by all parties on the project and report any safety concerns to the Safety Officer and management staff.
- Support and aid the Controls Manager with commenting on Progress Estimates, Risk Registry, Change Management and Schedule revisions
- Support the review of claims by the contractor by reviewing contractual documents, justifications and information to provide recommendations to the City’s Project Manager.
- Manage and communicate all daily site issues with the relevant stakeholder and ensure resolution is achieved.
- Manage, coordinate and review Request for Information (RFI) and ensure all parties are respionding within the contractual timeline.
- Manage Field Work Authorizations by completing site walks and verifying documentation
- Building positive and strong work relationships with all stakeholders to ensure collaboration, success and a positive and effective work environment.
- Develop and lead the closure of project site wide issues at SEWPCC.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering student
- Registered student Membership in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists Manitoba or with the Red River College Co-op Program.
- Must have previous experience with engineering or construction project management processes.
- Knowledge of Contract, Standards, Codes and interpretation of Specifications and Contract drawings
- Capable to play a central role in coordinating and integrating progress across internal and external program team member
- Must have the capability to conduct analyses on complex data sets
- Must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions. Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to independently compose routine written communications and technical reports
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project.
Co-op position, full time. 100% of the work will be carried on site.
Possible Work Hazards: Must take care in moving or lifting office supplies. Infrequent exposure to plant hazards including noise, heavy equipment, fumes and chemicals.
Why join our team of researchers? Come and rejuvenate the world with us!
- Acting today to create the world of tomorrow;
- A company in constant growth;
- A multitude of large-scale projects where you can put your talent to good use;
- A multitude of large-scale projects where you can make the most of your talent; Challenges adapted to your needs and the absence of routine;
- The possibility of developing your career according to your professional objectives;
- Internal and external training and coaching programs;
- A very competitive compensation, pension and benefits package;
- Multi-disciplinary work teams and a health and safety oriented work environment.
We thank all applicants for applying, but only those selected will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law. Only considered candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:19:04 GMT