Job title: Cloud Support Eng. I (Lin) , AWS Support Engineering
Job description: DESCRIPTION
As a Cloud Support Engineer you will learn at an accelerated pace how to use and leverage many different cloud technologies to help our customers succeed. You will act as the Cloud Ambassador across AWS products, providing our customers with required tools and tactics to scale their impact in world-wide markets.
In this role, engineers provide Technical Support to various Linux services that focus on AWS Compute Technologies such as EC2 Core/Linux, Elastic Block Store (EBS), LightSail, ElastiCache, Outposts, Systems Manager and many other services that enable customers to run their workloads on AWS. Engineers develop Subject Matter Expertise in one or more areas of the above services. Engineers also collaborate with internal teams to provide the required support services to AWS customers. In this role, engineers interact with customers that reach out to AWS via email or Chat or Phone. In addition, engineers also work on team functions and projects and continually work on improving operational efficiency.
Key job responsibilities
Your day as a Cloud Support Engineer will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- You will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of contact channels (telephone, email, and web/live chat), applying advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions and working with them to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- You will drive initiatives that improve support-related processes and our customers’ experience. These can include tutorials, how-to videos, technical articles, trainings, among others.
- You will leverage your customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services, and work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- You will be continuously learning groundbreaking technologies, and developing new technical skills and other professional competencies.
- You will act as interviewer in hiring processes, and coach/mentor new team members.
A day in the life
This role requires the flexibility to work 5 days a week (occasionally on weekends) on a rotational basis. Schedules may align to Sunday – Thursday, Tuesday – Saturday or Monday – Friday.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work, it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
About the team
AWS Support Engineering is a customer-facing global organization that provides technical support to our customers as well as our internal teams. As a member our team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, operating on a follow-the-sun model. You will be assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Vancouver, BC, CAN
– 1+ years of software development, or 1+ years of technical support experience
– Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
– Minimum of 1+ years of related professional experience and bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science/ Mathematics or any related field or equivalent military experience.
– Knowledge or experience with system administration, and troubleshooting any operating system (Linux and/or Windows) and networking (HTTP/s, TCP/IP, DNS, OSI model, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, CURL or related).
– Knowledge or experience with OS administration (boot process, filesystems) and troubleshooting disk space issues, booting issues and OS logs.
– Understanding of security in Linux including filesystem permissions, managing users and groups.
– Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken) within technical and business settings.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
– Understanding of applications such as Apache, NginX, MySQL, and installing software using the different package managers.
– Understanding of 3-tier web application, and which components are stateful and which are stateless.
– Understanding of cloud computing concepts and/or experience with any cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
– Knowledge of security concepts/best practices in securing application architectures from external threats.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
The base salary for this position ranges from $57,700/year up to $96,400/year. Salary is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 08:24:27 GMT