Job title: Clerk Typist – Endoscopy
Company: Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Job description: Requisition ID: 348227
Position Number: 20061991
Posting End Date: November 17, 2023
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Grace Hospital
Department / Unit: Endoscopy Regional Services
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt-OT
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient- centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the direction of the Central Intake Manager for Endoscopy Services or delegate, the incumbent is responsible for scheduling Endoscopy procedures, consistent entry of data into several databases, filing of related forms, follow up of missing or incomplete data or information, contacting patients and primary care providers offices and ensures that all work is completed within established time frames. The incumbent participates as a member of the program in a manner that contributes to teamwork and collaboration.
- Two years of experience in database management. Experience with all aspects of data entry, filing, scanning and the organization of large volumes of data files is required.
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred
- Experience in an ambulatory care clinic considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows is required.
- Working experience in database management software environments i.e. accuro preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Successful Completion of a recognized medical secretary training program is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Efficiency in the use of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and independently complete a variety of administrative duties.
- Ability to respond to simultaneous demands and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively contribute to a team environment and seek assistance as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 00:32:25 GMT