Job title: Class A Gas Fitter – Hay River, NT
Company: Superior Propane
Job description: Description and Requirements
Stittco Energy, a division of Superior Plus (Superior Propane), is currently looking for a Class A or B Gasfitter at its Hay River, NT location. Our culture is one where each employee has a role in providing customers with industry-leading customer service, peace-of-mind, & value, to support this culture, we offer a great working environment complete with career development assistance, a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a pension & savings plan. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, this opportunity might be for you! Whether it’s fishing, boating or camping, snowmobiling or snowshoeing, the Hub of the North has something to offer year round for everyone. This welcoming community offers robust recreation and hospital facilities, and stunning views of the Northern Lights. Relocation assistance may be offered to the successful candidate.
What we will offer you:
- Culture: Join a supportive and inclusive work environment where Collaboration, respect, and open communication are at the core of everything we do.
- Opportunity: A continuous focus on professional development with many opportunities for training & career growth.
- Health & Wellness: Competitive health benefits right from the start including health & wellness spending accounts & maternity leave top-up. Access our employee assistance program for confidential counseling, mental health support, and various resources to help you navigate life’s challenges.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary package, ensuring that you hard work and dedication are recognized and rewarded accordingly.
- Flexibility: We understand the importance of work-life balance, we offer flexible hybrid work options to help you manage your personal and professional commitments.
- Technology: Work with state-of-the-art tools and technologies that empower you to excel in your role and stay at the forefront of industry trends.
- Safety Focused: We care about you and have committed to a zero-harm workplace.
- The Gasfitter is responsible for installing and servicing complex large industrial propane and natural gas related equipment up to and greater than 400,000 BTUs.
- The Gasfitter will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the service and handling of propane and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
- Collaborate with the Service Coordinator frequently for routing and scheduling information. Notify the Service Coordinator of any service, customer, routing, scheduling or safety issues immediately to obtain their guidance and instruction on how to resolve the issue or situation.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge in the installation and service of complex residential and commercial propane and natural gas related equipment. This will include, but is not limited to repairs, dispenser inspections and re-qualifying cylinders, the installation and service of propane tanks and propane and natural gas appliances. Provision of preventative maintenance solutions and scheduled maintenance for residential and commercial applications and customers.
- Safe operation of the crane truck and other service vehicles required to perform tank installations, relocations and pickups.
- Maintain, request and stock service truck with inventory. Ensure all necessary parts, materials and supplies, and equipment is available to perform daily work orders and meet customer requests.
- Collect customer signature/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary, utilizing OBTC technology. Apply lock out procedures in unsafe customer installations.
- Accurately prepare and submit daily service work orders and DTR’s utilizing OBTC technology.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies and relevant regulations. This includes conducting and, if applicable documenting, pre and post vehicle inspections, site inspections and visual tank inspections.
- Collaborate with your direct manager, and inform them of any successes, issues or challenges encountered. Obtain their approval for overtime and submit hours worked on a timely basis bi-weekly.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations.
- Seek, identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by providing product information, brochures with basic price and a contact number.
- Provide training and direction to Service Technician I (apprentice), if applicable and as needed.
- Gasfitter A Certification.
- Provincial certificates and record of training are required (see section below).
- NB: A4
- Category 122 – General Tank Installer
- Category 131 – Appliance Serviceman
- Category 223 – Bulk Carrier & Handler
- Category 100-4 Cylinder Requalification
- Category 100-1 (Instructor) Physical
- Properties of Propane
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- HVAC certification and qualifications are preferred.
- Advanced technical knowledge of propane appliances, equipment and plant operations.
- Possess WHMIS and TDG training and certification.
- PGAC 100-4 Cylinder Requalification.
- Excellent knowledge of B149 code.
- Valid driver’s license with three (3) years’ experience and a clean drivers abstract. Class 3 preferred.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects on a regular basis.
- Good customer service/communication skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically the on-board truck computers.
Stittco Energy a division of Superior Plus LP is Canada’s leading and reliable propane provider. Customers have trusted the experts at Superior to fuel their homes and businesses since 1951. Customer Focus, Performance, Safety, and Winning with People are the four key values that are the foundation of everything that we do.
“Here at Superior Propane, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. If you have an accommodation need during the recruitment & selection process, we encourage you to connect with us at  email@example.com to let us know how we can enhance your experience.”
Location: Hay River, NT
Job date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 07:19:15 GMT