Job title: Casual Plant Operator (Inuvik)
Job description: Overview
This is a Casual position, as and when.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Manager, Generation Support – Beaufort Delta, the casual plant operator is responsible for the day-to-day operation/routine plant maintenance and operations, maintenance of the associated auxiliary equipment and maintenance of the Inuvik LNG facility. The position is also responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Plant grounds and fences.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly plant / unit reports by hand or by use of a computer.
- Review and maintain plant / system logbooks including maintenance of the unit downtime log for the Inuvik Plant.
- Start and stop diesel engines, turbines as per operational requirements.
- Relay any information that affects the overall operation or availability of equipment to other operators, cross shifts and Manager, Generation Support Beaufort Delta.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Generation Support Beaufort Delta de-energise and isolate / energise and return to service units, plants and their respective auxiliary equipment as per Work Protection Code procedures.
- Assist in system restoration following a system disturbance under the direction of the Manager, Generation Support – Beaufort Delta, including manually restoring the system if necessary.
- Maintain buildings as to a safe, clean manner. Entrances / exits clear of snow and debris, combustible materials stored in proper locations. Emergency lighting and exit signs tested and serviced as needed; Tools and equipment properly stored; Floors swept and washed.
- Other responsibilities as listed in the job description.
- High school diploma or GED, with at least one year of mechanical or electrical experience; equivalencies may be considered.
- Experience with diesel generators would be considered an asset.
- A course in Power Engineering, Building Maintenance or one with an electrical/mechanical orientation would be an asset.
- Computer skills to operate a variety of software related to administrative and reporting systems, email, internet, etc.
- Must be willing to work shift work.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Satisfactory criminal record is required.
This is a bargaining unit position. Salary for this position is $38.75/hour. This is a Casual position, as and when.
Affirmative Action Employer – Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.