Job title: Campus Recreation Coordinator
Company: University of Saskatchewan
Job description: Campus Recreation Coordinator
Primary Purpose: The Campus Recreation Coordinator is responsible for leading all aspects of the University of Saskatchewan’s Campus Recreation program and USask Rec’s Children’s Activity Camp program. This includes intramurals, instructional programs, campus clubs, and outreach programming for children and youth in the greater Saskatoon Community. This important work supports the mission of USask Rec, the College of Kinesiology, and the University of Saskatchewan.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Director, USask Rec, this position is a key member of the USask Rec team. The Campus Recreation Coordinator requires a strong understanding of the significant role recreation plays in the overall student experience at the University of Saskatchewan and constantly seeks out new opportunities to meet the ever-changing physical activity and recreational needs of the USask student population. The Campus Recreation Coordinator works in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where it is critical to balance competing priorities and projects and where risk management is a key factor in the decisions being made that range from routine to significant. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
- Organizing and administering all aspects of the Children’s Activity Camps program for children
- Coordination of additional business operations such as payroll, contractual development, tendering and RFQ / RFP processes and procuring goods and services both on and off campus
- Supports the development and coordination of marketing and promotional efforts that encourages and increases participation from both prospective and current students in the Campus Recreation program at the University of Saskatchewan
- Works collaboratively with the College of Kinesiology’s Communications and Advancement Officer on conceptual development of promotional materials to actively promote the Campus Recreation program, including, but not limited to print material, brochures, and website development.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and evaluation of approximately one hundred (100) student staff throughout the year
- Leads the annual strategic planning process for the Campus Recreation program by analyzing trends, assessing past performance, seeking feedback and engaging the on campus community to continue meeting the physical activity and recreational needs of students
- Supports the Director in the annual process to submit documentation on behalf of USask Rec to the Recreation and Athletic Advisory Council (RAAC) for approval by the University’s Board of Governors, which includes reports and requests for fee increase.
- Representing USask Rec on college committees that support the organization and execution of KinLife, February BeActive, University Welcome Week, Kin Orientation and others.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Kinesiology or a related field.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in recreational programing and/or sport camp administration. Experience working in post-secondary education would be considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, as well as non-traditional career paths, community experience, and recognition of prior learning may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through significant change and think critically.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive and effective relationships that work together towards common goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and resource implications.
- Ability to assume leadership roles.
- Ability to play an effective role as a part of a team.
- Strong understanding of computer applications and effective use of technology to improve business processes.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Cary Primeau at
Department: College of Kinesiology
Status: Term 7 months with the possibility of extension
Employment Group: ASPA
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.0
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $66,030.00 – 103,174.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable): Managerial
Salary Phase/Band: Phase 2
Posted Date: 11/8/2023
Closing Date: 11/17/2023 at 6:00 pm CST
Number of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The successful applicant will be required to provide the following current verification(s) where ‘Yes’ is indicated below. Further information is available at:
Criminal Record Check: Not Applicable
Driver’s License and Abstract Check: Not Applicable
Education/Credential Verification: Not Applicable
Vulnerable Sector Check: Not Applicable The University is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion, and are proud to support career opportunities for Indigenous peoples to reflect the community we serve. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work together on the accommodation request. We continue to grow our partnerships with Indigenous communities across the province, nationally, and internationally and value the unique perspective that Indigenous employees provide to strengthen these relationships. Verification of Indigenous Membership/Citizenship at the University of Saskatchewan is led and determined by the and Standing Committee in accordance with the processes developed to enact the policy. Successful candidates that assert Indigenous membership/citizenship will be asked to complete the verification process of Indigenous membership/citizenship with documentation. The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 06:34:40 GMT