Job title: Bilingual French & English Coach/Teacher/Tutor
Company: Oxford Learning Centres
Job description: French Teacher/Tutor Wanted
Eager to help students turn “Je ne sais pas” into “Oh la la”? Motivated to help support children’s French education outside of the classroom?
Our hours count! Gain valuable teaching experience!
Are you a friendly, reliable, and enthusiastic French speaker? Join our team at Oxford Learning Bedford as a part-time French teacher/tutor/coach. Ignite your passion for helping students succeed – en français!
We teach students HOW to learn French. We help students improve their academic and study skills in a small group setting. We have a lot of fun! Our class sizes are small with a maximum of three students per teacher. We provide teachers with the best part of teaching – engaging with students. Our teachers guide students through the provided material and help students verbalize their understanding.
All Teacher-Tutors at Oxford Learning work during after-school and evening hours (4:00pm – 7:00 pm or 8:30pm) as well as some Saturdays (9:30am – 2:00pm). Your students will love working with you so being reliable is a must. Candidates must possess a strong background in spoken and written French and English and be comfortable teaching up to a Grade 9 level, but up to Grade 12 is preferred. The candidate is required to instruct class sessions in French.
This role is in-person. You must be able to commute to this location. Relocation packages are not available. Vulnerable sector screening is mandatory.
We encourage you to apply if you have the majority of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar certification in a relevant field
- Third or Fourth year university students with extensive tutoring experience will be considered
- Good knowledge of the current French core curriculum
- Some experience teaching/tutoring French at a Grade 9 to 12 (or equivalent) level
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
- Strong French skills and ability to guide students’ understanding
- Ability to multitask and balance working with up to three students at a time
Responsibilities (Position Details)
You will work directly with students as an Interactive Coach with the following responsibilities:
- Teaching up to 3 students at a time at different levels
- Following the Oxford Learning methodologies and philosophies
- Completing daily student communication updates
- Maintaining a friendly and professional manner at all times
Smiles, High-Fives & Happy Students
In this position, you will play a key role in helping students develop their confidence and self-esteem. The rewards of helping children overcome academic hurdles and realize their inner potential can be very fulfilling. You will be rewarded with smiling faces and high-fives during every shift. Other rewards of the role include:
- fun staff events
- ongoing training opportunities
- frequent check-ins and feedback
- company growth opportunities
- hands-on development of your teaching skills
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17 – $19 / hour
- Evenings Monday to Thursday
- Saturday availability
About Oxford Learning
Oxford Learning is a Canadian supplemental education provider helping students get better grades since 1984. Offering a full range of programs for students of all ages and abilities, Oxford Learning uses the science of cognitive learning to help all students develop stronger learning skills they can rely on for life!
Are you the superstar teacher-tutor we have been searching for? Apply now!
Oxford Learning Bedford
6-80 Hogan Court, Bedford, Nova Scotia
Tel: (902) 405-4116
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the team at Oxford Learning Bedford. However, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Location: Bedford, NS
Job date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 23:35:21 GMT