Job title: Barista (Starbucks)
Company: Compass Group
Job description: You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we’re here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Pay Rate: $15.00/hr
Schedule: Day Shifts, Evening Shifts, Weekends
Operational Hours: 11 AM – 6PM
Status: Part Time
Location: 400 Campbell Rd, St. Albert
Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepare coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, cafe latte, and cappuccino.
- Sell coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Baristas? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous work experience as a Barista is an asset.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.