Job title: Associate Director, Corporate Sales, Global Transaction Banking – Toronto, ON
Job description: Requisition ID: 191680
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Transaction Banking
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is the payments and transaction engine of Scotiabank. We support Small Business, Commercial and Corporate clients with effective treasury management solutions coupled with a best-in-class service model, making it easy for clients to do business with us.
As businesses build their digital capabilities and transform their operating models, their payment needs are evolving too. Boasting a unique global footprint, GTB’s comprehensive suite of innovative banking solutions help our business clients generate operational efficiencies, streamline and simplify payments, improve working capital performance, and mitigate financial risk.
At Scotiabank, we embrace your strengths, ideas, and ambitions. GTB is a fast-growing team with a focus on the Americas, particularly Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and we are seeking top tier talent to complement our organization.
- The Associate Director – Corporate Sales, Global Business Payment primary focus is to:
- Develop profitable new business with a focus on the Bank’s Corporate customers.
- Maintain and grow existing business consistent with Bank objectives.
- Achieve individual sales and/or portfolio growth targets.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop profitable new business from assigned accounts and prospects to reach pre-established annual sales and revenue/portfolio targets:
- Negotiating terms, compensation arrangements, conditions, and documentation with customers, culminating in the closing of transactions either alone or with line management.
- Consistently providing the Director, Sales timely and accurate business development reporting via Salesforce.
- Execute a marketing/calling program on designated customers and prospects by:
- Conducting market analysis and identification of suitable prospects to effectively develop and implement a marketing program to acquire new business.
- Call planning, including determining the need for the introduction of specialized resources and senior management utilizing the GBP sales techniques based upon prescribed sales concepts.
- Make business development calls alone or with line management on key accounts.
- Provide and maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction:
- Ensure high service standards are maintained, including meeting expected turnaround times on customer commitments.
- Ensure total involvement in strategies to maintain a customer relationship that is being threatened by competition.
- Ensure customer enquiries, concerns and complaints are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, resolving same within authority or by referring customer to the appropriate area consistent with the Bank’s Complaint Resolution Guidelines.
What You’ll Bring:
- MBA / CTP preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of cash management and/or treasury finance experience is required.
This position is currently a Hybrid role, with the expectation that you will work 3 days a week in the office. Please note that this is subject to change based on the needs of the business
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply – you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What’s in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 03:14:14 GMT