Job title: Asphalt Paving Screed Person
Job description: Subsidiary: [[division]]
Terus Construction Ltd. is a diversified construction company that delivers road building, earth moving, site preparation, aggregates & ready mix materials and other services throughout British Columbia and the Yukon Territory. Terus Construction Ltd. is a subsidiary of ColasCanada Inc., a leading national road builder with subsidiaries in Western Canada, Ontario and Quebec. Being part of the Colas group of Companies provides impressive resources and technical expertise enabling Terus Construction Ltd. to access unique high technical and major construction projects.
The Screed Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the screed and to place the asphalt matt as per the required specifications.
- Prefer 2-3 seasons experience as a screed man on municipal & industrial/commercial paving projects.
- Working knowledge of Asphalt and related materials
- Working knowledge of methods, techniques and equipment used in Asphalt
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have the physical strength, stamina, and coordination to complete the assigned duties
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. independently; more than 50lbs. with assistance
- Withstand working outside on uneven ground, for long periods of time in different weather conditions
- Be able to stand, walk, bend, crouch for long periods of time
- Complete repetitive tasks for the duration of each shift
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Location: Fort St John, BC
Job date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 02:41:30 GMT