Job title: Analyst HR Analytics
Job description: Requisition ID: 179567
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Solutions Data & Systems Operations
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia; Alberta; British Columbia; Ontario; Québec
City: Stellarton, Ontario, Calgary, Victoria, Montreal – Nord
Location: King St. Office, Bureau de Montréal-Nord, Calgary Office, Foord St. Office, Tahoe Office, Victoria Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
The role of an HR Analyst is much more than reviewing reports. It involves collaborating with leaders to design reporting strategies that inform business decisions. This includes leveraging programming skills, creating impactful visualizations in tools like Tableau, improving reports in HR systems, and managing large datasets in Excel.
This exciting 24-month contract HR Analyst role combines analytical thinking with a creative approach to contribute to data-driven decision-making.
If you have an analytical mind with a creative side, join our team.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Partner with internal and external customers to provide reporting and analytics services.
- Design, construct and maintain innovative solutions (dashboards, databases, reports) that deliver useful and relevant workforce metrics for effective decision making and planning to all levels of the business.
- Develop and prepare standard/ad-hoc reports and extracts from HR systems to satisfy statutory requirements, collective agreement obligations and business needs.
- Conduct data analysis for forecasting and modeling purposes to support strategic planning within the HR function
- Interpret data, highlight insights and communication implications to requestor.
- Support HR system users by creating user-friendly query and reporting templates, tools, and resources.
- Establish consistently defined formulas and calculations as well as source data for reporting.
- Collaborate with HR teams to resolve functionality or programming problems.
- Participate in the planning and execution of data governance activities related to information management, records management, and information security.
- Diagnose and establish audits which identify data integrity issues within the HR systems. Measure progress on improvements.
- Investigate data issues discovered during analytics/reporting requests and initiate corrective action.
- Provide guidance/recommendations on process improvements to enhance data quality.
- Support HR initiatives by being a subject matter expert on special projects and assignments
The candidate will be expected to work with peers in other provinces in the development, development and implementation of tools and processes across Canada, as well as provide support to Sobeys employees across Canada
What you have to offer:
- Two to three years’ experience in a previous analyst role
- Post-secondary education in HR or Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Training in HR systems, processes, data governance and reporting is preferred
- Software skills: Excel, Access, Tableau, SAP, Success Factors
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Ability to identify data/reporting discrepancies and provide/implement recommended solutions
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.