Job title: Advance Care Planning Facilitator – Inspired Outreach Program
Company: Nova Scotia Health Authority
Job description: Req ID: 137080
Company: Nova Scotia Health
Location: Eastern Zone, Cape Breton Regional Hospital
Department: OPEZ Inspired Expansion Program CBRH I
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly PT (50% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Status: UNIFOR Healthcare Position
Posting Closing Date: 13-Nov-23
Nova Scotia Health is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia, with some specialized services also offered to clients throughout Atlantic Canada. We’re on a mission to achieve excellence in health, healing and learning through working together, which is reflected in the hospitals, health centres and community-based programs we operate across the province. Our passionate team of professionals provides a variety of high-quality inpatient and outpatient services including academic, tertiary, and quaternary care, as well as continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions. Join a diverse team of innovators, collaborators and creative thinkers today.
Nova Scotia Health employs professionals in all corners of our beautiful province. We believe there’s a place here for everyone to call home, from vibrant cities with exuberant nightlife to quaint towns with picturesque trails. The work-life balance that comes with an Nova Scotia Health role means you’ll have the time to explore, discover, and participate in that coveted Atlantic lifestyle. Visit us today and check out to see why more people from across the globe are moving here.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, and under the direction of the Provincial Program Coordinator and Medical Director of the INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program, the Advance Care Planning Facilitator provides, either directly or through coordination of care with other professionals, psychosocial/spiritual support, and advance care planning services to patients/families/caregivers living with advanced Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) enrolled in the INSPIRED COPD Outreach Program.
The incumbent works with patients, families, care providers and clinicians in both in-patient and out-patient settings, collaborates with team members in the development of individualized care plans along with the delivery, follow-up, and evaluation of care based on these plans. ACPF team members contribute to a culture of sensitive supportive relationships with members of the INSPIRED team. As a quality assurance (QA) measure, evaluation of the INSPIRED program is an on-going process and therefore the incumbent will be expected to participate in team meetings and assist in the collection of QA data as required.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Graduate of an accredited university program with a minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree in Social Work and relevant clinical experience OR a Masters in Divinity
- Current Professional Certification with appropriate professional body (e.g. Nova Scotia Association of Social Workers (NSASW), Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
- Minimum 3 years related experience required
- Experience working in the context of death and dying and/or palliative care considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; must be an effective team player
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and work under patient caseload time limitations required
- Understanding of local resources in their community setting is an asset
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, videoconferencing)
- Experience with virtual care an asset; must be willing to integrate virtual care into practice
- Able to work flexibly from an office, home or community setting to provide both in-person and virtual care
- Access to a reliable vehicle and valid Nova Scotia Driver’s license, as regular travel is required for clinical visits
- Willing to travel within program catchment with occasional travel beyond catchment, for training or meeting purposes
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
Please ensure your resume is up to date and includes all relevant education, experience, training, and certifications.
Where there are no applicants who have 3 years related experience, consideration may be given to applicants with less than 3 years.
- Permanent, Part-Time (50%) position; 37.5 hours biweekly
Compensation and Incentives
$32.82 – $41.44 Hourly
Successful candidates may be eligible for our benefits package which includes health, dental, travel, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
Once You’ve Applied
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a Healthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Employees are encouraged to view their seniority hours and dates in their SuccessFactors online profile. Successful applicants changing unions, bargaining units or employment status, are advised to seek clarification regarding their seniority, benefits, and vacation entitlement and/or usage, prior to accepting the position.
As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021.
Nova Scotia Health is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Indigenous, Black/African Nova Scotians, Persons of Colour, Immigrants/Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify.